What happened to the "Show more tiles" option?

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Check your eyes/glasses? With 'normal' eyesight it should be readable.

Sorry, Wazzim, but your comment is just rude. We don't all have perfect vision and having to enlarge a tile to see it clearly (particularly things like Bing News with headlines displayed) or hunt down our glasses to see text is not only inconvenient, it proves how myopic Microsoft has been regarding the user "experience" (to borrow Satya Nadella's favorite word).

There are some users who may choose a larger display solely for the purpose of having large print text on the start screen... If larger displays mean smaller text, then I'll recommend a smaller phone for anyone who needs larger text. And that is totally counter-intuitive.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Maybe raise this over at the uservoice for windows phone and if many people vote for it they most likely will consider it. As it is tied to software and not hardware, proven by the fact that phones with less than 5" can show three columns of medium tiles.

visualryan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I voted for the first time just to help you, good sir. I used 3 votes.

First time I used 6 tiles on my 920, I also felt it was too small and too hard to tap on the small tile. But then I used the medium size, problem solved, but still a bit small for the eyes.

Anyway, how come I only have 20 votes? How can I have more votes?

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I voted for the first time just to help you, good sir. I used 3 votes.

First time I used 6 tiles on my 920, I also felt it was too small and too hard to tap on the small tile. But then I used the medium size, problem solved, but still a bit small for the eyes.

Anyway, how come I only have 20 votes? How can I have more votes?

Thanks for your support.
Everyone only has 20 votes. I think it's to make users think well about what they vote for. Limiting the votes to 20 also allows Microsoft to only get a few high voted features at the time, otherwise people would just flood them with feature requests with thousands of votes.

visualryan

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your support.
Everyone only has 20 votes. I think it's to make users think well about what they vote for. Limiting the votes to 20 also allows Microsoft to only get a few high voted features at the time, otherwise people would just flood them with feature requests with thousands of votes.

Ah, okay. That makes sense. Smart thinking. And I used 3 more votes for USB OTG. Can't seem to think of anything else I want, except for the app gap to disappear and instagram to come out of beta, which are not entirely up to MS.

Thanks for the explanation :)

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Just got my 930 and it's REALLY annoying me that I can't have my start screen look like my 920. I like to have the photos hub pinned and full width, it looks best like that and I can't do it now. So pissed off at this.

bseuivafom

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I have decent vision, and I still find three columns on my 4.5" 920 a bit smaller than my liking. But the space!
spaaaaaacccceeee!

It's not so much the decent vision as the smallest text tending towards blurring at the edges on lower-res screens. The 930 is pin-sharp on smaller details which makes them easier to see at first glance regardless of the relative state of your eyesight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes