Nokia 930 Speaker Hiss

srome

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Just noticed over the last couple of days there is speaker hiss on my 930 when I flick up the lock
screen it hisses for a around 4 seconds then a click noise then its as normal again, anyone else noticed this ?

dnbrealm

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed this as well, however its been a short click noise whilst using my phone. I cant track it down to any specific apps, definitely a mystery for me.

srome

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Well at least its not just me lol It strikes me as a software problem rather than hardware, I can't remember hearing it prior to the last update either, Might have a go at resetting my phone back to factory setting over the weekend and see what that does.

dnbrealm

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I think it is a software problem, I've experienced the same issues on my Lumia 800 and 920, but on very rare occasions.

I guess the speaker noise doesn't bother me that much as I'm fairly used to the fault now.

Worth getting in contact with Lumia support for a resolution.

hutchinsane

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
It's normal, it's the speaker turning on in case there are keytones turned on. For Whatsapp it's so it's always ready to play voice messages, I guess. Every speaker hisses when it gets power, some quiet some less quiet. :)

Gwenddoleu

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have it on my 930 too. I suppose it's caused by electric contamination, or bad quality speakers?). Not bothering on a Hi-fi system (because speakers are turned on and off just once), but imo pretty bothering on a smartphone (because speakers are turned on and off constantly)... It seems to be a frequent problem on Lumia phones... (But I didn't have it on the 900, nor the 925)

hutchinsane

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Every phone I've had so far does it, when there's the possibility of playing sound. my iPhone does it when launching the keyboard, even when I don't press any keys, so the speakers ready for when I press any. even my Yamaha receiver and the speakers have it, if you listen closely enough. :)

niutu

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Well I also bought the 930 updated it and can confirm I have also the speaker hiss. But it's definitely not normal, I've had Lumia 720, 820, 920, 925, 1020 and 830 and only one 920 had the same hiss sound. Whether it's a hardware or a software thing, don't know for sure, but it I'm leaning towards the former...

DJDBgr

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
So, any news with this? I have it on my brand new 930 and haven't decided if i should return it under DOA. The process will take 10-15 days and i don't want to be left with no smartphone just to get the same one back or another 930 with the same "problem".

There is a hiss on every sound and remains for 4-5 seconds after the actual sound. It's not quite audible, unless you put the device near your ear. What is quite audible (on a silent environment) and annoying is the click/pop noise that you can hear after some sounds (but not every time).

What do you think?

EDIT: I soft/hard reset it and updated to the latest developers firmware.

Gwenddoleu

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
So, any news with this? I have it on my brand new 930 and haven't decided if i should return it under DOA. The process will take 10-15 days and i don't want to be left with no smartphone just to get the same one back or another 930 with the same "problem".

I had done a return and exchange, only to discover that the replacement model made the same hiss...(perhaps a little less loud). So I think it's like a lottery, many models have this problem, other perhaps not. Hope it won't happen with the next flagship smartphones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk