Lumia 930 greys makes purple

retro90

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello I bought the device before about a week. I have noticed that the gray backgrounds in low light conditions Automatic Brightness grays makes purple. Is it a hardware or software problem?? I have the latest update and PFD updates also. please help me!!

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hardware issue. I've just had mine repaired, expecting it back today or tomorrow and I will see if it is fixed or not.

@N_LaRUE: It's a known issue with the L930, you won't be able to see it on a screenshot because it's the actual display that adds the purple tint :).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hardware issue. I've just had mine repaired, expecting it back today or tomorrow and I will see if it is fixed or not.

@N_LaRUE: It's a known issue with the L930, you won't be able to see it on a screenshot because it's the actual display that adds the purple tint :).

Ohhhh! Yes I heard of that issue. So it's a replacement in this case. At least I hope they can replace it.

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

Let us know if the repair fix purple hue on your display, Microsoft claims that there was some error with display calibrating & it will fix with next major firmware update.

retro90

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I asked to nokia care here in my country and told me that coloration changes are normal in low light.LOL So do not expect to admit that it's a problem for replace the device. i am waiting for lumia denim update. If it doesent fix i sell my device and never again lumia 930

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I asked to nokia care here in my country and told me that coloration changes are normal in low light.LOL So do not expect to admit that it's a problem for replace the device. i am waiting for lumia denim update. If it doesent fix i sell my device and never again lumia 930
Not normal, it's a issue that comes with most of L930.

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Got it back today. Still the purple hue despite new display. Luckily my other issues do seem fixed.

They've been saying a firmware update will fix the purple hue for about 6 months now. So far, their only 'fix' has been to put the brightness profile in the 'display' app on the highest setting so the automatic dimming doesn't dim low enough to make it too purple anymore... But of course this means the display will not dim as low anymore in darker situations. In other words, the display itself is just pretty poor and I have no hope they will fix it.

retro90

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Got it back today. Still the purple hue despite new display. Luckily my other issues do seem fixed.

They've been saying a firmware update will fix the purple hue for about 6 months now. So far, their only 'fix' has been to put the brightness profile in the 'display' app on the highest setting so the automatic dimming doesn't dim low enough to make it too purple anymore... But of course this means the display will not dim as low anymore in darker situations. In other words, the display itself is just pretty poor and I have no hope they will fix it.

Thanks for the update! is very sad and I think they will probably sell it. because I see looks bad for such a good device . Thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck