01-26-2015 09:07 AM
74 123
tools
    Still no Denim for HK - at least the 930....

waiting....
    01-10-2015 03:47 PM
    GoodThings2Life, I tried your method so many time and I tried this one to, found in another post: "Dont press any buttons, just plug charger cable in.. let it viba.. then just press Vol Dwn + Pwer.. hold them down till it Vibra again then just click "retry" " but I don't have success !
    I'm so frustrated !

Maybe my PC is too fast or my phone is too fast respect at the PC but the program never starts the process of flashing ! Always the window with "retry" come back ! I don't know what else I can do !!!
    01-10-2015 04:42 PM
    There is any way to change the "mobile operator" ? From 000-FR to ones already with Denim ?
    Yeah you can with flashing it,there are many tutorials online,you cam wait a bit,it should be out for everyone by end of January
    01-10-2015 04:48 PM
    GoodThings2Life, I tried your method so many time and I tried this one to, found in another post: "Dont press any buttons, just plug charger cable in.. let it viba.. then just press Vol Dwn + Pwer.. hold them down till it Vibra again then just click "retry" " but I don't have success !
    I'm so frustrated !

Maybe my PC is too fast or my phone is too fast respect at the PC but the program never starts the process of flashing ! Always the window with "retry" come back ! I don't know what else I can do !!!
    Try a different USB port, if you can. I only had luck (using a surface pro 3) using the power off, plug in, retry at buzz method.
    Enrico Taroni likes this.
    01-10-2015 05:37 PM
    GoodThings2Life, tomorrow I'll try to the others USB on my laptop and if didn't works I'll try to install everything on my Surface 2 RT and try there if it will works ! Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate that !
    I'll let you know ! Bye, have a good night
    01-10-2015 07:38 PM
    I have a 1 day old HK 930 as well. The instant it arrived yesterday, I read the XDA thread, flashed the CV ROM and had Denim in under 30 minutes.

Do it everyone. It's simple and awesome!
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    01-10-2015 08:09 PM
    GoodThings2Life, tomorrow I'll try to the others USB on my laptop and if didn't works I'll try to install everything on my Surface 2 RT and try there if it will works ! Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate that !
    I'll let you know ! Bye, have a good night
    You will not be able to do this on a Surface RT/2.
    xandros9 and Enrico Taroni like this.
    01-10-2015 10:04 PM
    Dude, you astound me with your level of knowledge on this stuff sometimes! Do you think it's worth trying any of this with an unlocked AT&T 920 or 1020? I have both, so could try with either. Just not sure if it's worth the effort for either.
    01-10-2015 10:52 PM
    Dude, you astound me with your level of knowledge on this stuff sometimes! Do you think it's worth trying any of this with an unlocked AT&T 920 or 1020? I have both, so could try with either. Just not sure if it's worth the effort for either.
    Me? I wouldn't just because of radio band differences. You'd lose LTE at best or brick the radio at worst. I don't tend to mess with US phones unless I'm certain of results. If I knew you could do it and not lose LTE, then I'd say why not. Honestly, if there was a way to reprogram the radios for US LTE bands I'd jump on that, lol.

Besides, no Denim benefits for those phones.
    01-11-2015 08:43 AM
    You will not be able to do this on a Surface RT/2.
    Hooo nooo ! So I have only the possibility to try with others USB ! I hope that it will works ! I let you know !
    01-11-2015 09:05 AM
    I also flashed 059W0X6 about two weeks ago. What a huge difference. In Info it says: DK-SI
    01-11-2015 09:56 AM
    I also flashed 059W0X6 about two weeks ago. What a huge difference. In Info it says: DK-SI
    What huge differences do you note?

As far as I can tell, there are some camera upgrades, but not much else. If that is it, it doesn't seem worth the effort to flash. If there's more to it, then it might be.

Was it worth the effort? Why?

Not asking to be a pain - genuinely interested. I've flashed many other brands of phones, but have not yet done a Lumia, so I'm trying to decide if it's actually worth it.
    01-11-2015 10:40 AM
    What huge differences do you note?

As far as I can tell, there are some camera upgrades, but not much else. If that is it, it doesn't seem worth the effort to flash. If there's more to it, then it might be.

Was it worth the effort? Why?

Not asking to be a pain - genuinely interested. I've flashed many other brands of phones, but have not yet done a Lumia, so I'm trying to decide if it's actually worth it.
    There's no difference other than camera and Hey Cortana. Both are genuinely awesome, but that's about it for meaningful improvements.
    gordonfink likes this.
    01-11-2015 11:38 AM
    Firmware for At &T phones is very different from the rest, you may not be bale to flash a new rom.

Also those having trouble with nokia suite not findingthe phone using a different USB port works for me
    01-11-2015 03:42 PM
    Ok, I tried all my USB ports but didn't works ! Maybe is because my USB are type 3.

I think that I have to wait for the official upgrade !
    01-11-2015 06:38 PM
    Does flashing it to a non-HK version add any other enhancements? I don't mind waiting.

What did you flash it to btw?

Thanks,

Mr. V
    01-11-2015 07:20 PM
    I would like to flash my phone to go from Cyan to Denim ! But I think that I have to wait !
    01-11-2015 08:09 PM
    Does doing this flash wipe all of your data? I'm starting to get tempted
    01-11-2015 09:25 PM
    Yes, you'll definitely want to make a backup.
    01-11-2015 10:25 PM
    Yea but if you use back up you only need to re enter your passwords everything else is restored.
    This USB thing is a problem but persevere as I have had it as well, spent nearly an hour f,Ing around with it before then all of a sudden bang it starts the flashin prosesse.
    I used the euro Denmark rom for my HK 930.
    01-11-2015 10:43 PM
    I went ahead and jumped in, just because the instructions were there, and didn't seem too hard.

I don't really use Cortana, so that won't do much for me. I'll play around with the camera a bit tomorrow in the light, and see what else is in there. I noticed a few new Lumia apps, but right now the phone is restoring the backup and installing apps, so it may be a bit before I can do much with it.

This whole process took a little more than an hour.

Thanks to the poster who linked the instructions, and those that chipped in along the way on the thread.
    bozza72 likes this.
    01-12-2015 09:06 PM
    OK, yesterday I resumed an old laptop with win 7 and I installed everything there and I managed to flash my 930 ! Now I'm on Denim !!!

The only bad thing is that "hey cortana" doesn't works very well... at the start it was working pretty well, now very often it doesn't wake up ! Anybody has the same issue ? Any suggestion ? Thanks
    01-14-2015 01:52 PM
    Can we STOP making pointless "No Demin Yet.." threads.. The titles are very mis-leading and confusing

Denim will be out when its out, Theres a couple of Threads with the Finland codes for Denim and a Sticky about Denim,
    01-14-2015 02:07 PM
    Apologies, but this thread title was not "no denim yet". Further, I for one found a very quick and concise summary of how to flash Denim in this thread, and then went forward and did it.

It was very useful. If it's problematic, then maybe it can get merged.
    scottymc likes this.
    01-14-2015 08:28 PM
    hi, I got a 930 with the Mobile Operator set as "000-TW" which I assume it's for Taiwan, but looking that the update availability page it doesn't even comes out there for Cyan..
    Does that mean, that it's not even supported? or should I just wait until they release demin there and they will update the page?
    01-15-2015 09:17 AM
74 123