lumia camera rich capture

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone,
I'm new to the forums, i hope that this is the right section for this thread.
I was an happy lumia 920 user, now I am an happy lumia 930 user (I'm from lumia-land aka Italy :D ), but i was wondering, is there anyway to auto delete the rich capture auxiliary files??
I really think we would need a button in the camera settings to autodelete auxiliary rich capture files older than XX day(s) or something like that. I mean, everyone usually edits the pictures during the first hours/days, then you save them, then you usually do not need them anymore.

This would mean: 5megapixel(1MB) +20megapixel (5MB) +richfiles(20MB), then you make use of the rich editing overwriting the 5mpx+20mpx, then you automatically free the 20MB after some time. This is a much needed feature indeed and with this you could leave the rich capture functinality always on!

What do you think? Is there any better place to ask for this?

P.s. I know you can delete them one by one on file system but this is not very user friendly.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the link. Actually my onedrive only gets the 20mpx version over Wi-Fi, while the 5mpx is used for sharing over 4G network so OneDrive is not affected by the rich capture files.

Paolo Ferrazza

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Posted this ___https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/7118594-lumia-camera-rich-capture-automatic-file-cleanup-s

If you think it is useful please up-vote it !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon