My wife's Nokia Lumia won't shut off. If we power down, it simply immediately restarts (This is when it is not connected to the USB and when it is connected to the USB both). When we attempted to sync to get photos off in preparation for a reset of the device, the MTP device driver won't load. We have tried powering down the phone multiple times in a row, both connected and not connected to the USB. We've tried removing and re-installing the SIM multiple times. We've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver multiple times. We've tried using the windows phone app on the desktop and it says that it can't locate the phone. We've tried using Microsoft windows explorer, but even when it can see the phone it can't see any of the content on the phone. We really want to get the photos off the phone without doing a complete reset if possible.

Any advice?
    07-19-2015 03:45 PM
    Not really but if your phone is connected to a charger, and if you connect it with an USB cable to your PC it's connected to a charger, you can not switch it off. So if you switch it off it always will start again if it's connected to a charger.

If you connect your phone to your PC and you use a pin then you can see the phone on your PC but you can not access it as long as the screen is locked. So you have to unlock the screen to be able to access your phone.

Good luck
    07-19-2015 04:14 PM