Nokia Lumia 930 Microphone Issue

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When i play the recorded video there is no sound in the video. Even i tried Hard Reset, Soft Reset but no use. Help me out this problem. Currently the OS running in my phone is Window 10.

Pacific16

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue with my L930 running WP8.1 and experienced the same with Win10. Did hard reset, no luck!

On phone calls the other party can hear me well unless I switch to speakerphone. Same with Skype calls. Can't sent Voice messages on WhatsApp/Telegram. No audio for recorded video.

Figured out this is happening because 2 out 4 microphones are dead/not working (checked via Nokia Care Suite).

There are many other threads reporting this issue with L930 and the option seems to be taking the phone to Nokia Care :(

DoriKinStarr

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm a Lumia 930 user and I have a temporary fix for this. To record a video with audio, plug in your earpiece that have a mouthpiece to the phone and record it... It works and it solves this problem. A temporary way till we wait for this issue to fix by Microsoft!...

Mika Korpi

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
My 930 lost sound with video recording when i installed preview windows 10, yesterday i installed 8.1 back and there came updated firmware, after that i did upgrade to windows 10 mobile with update advisor and now i have sound on video recording, i have also tested microphones and 3&4 seems to be dead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon