If I was to buy the Lumia 930 in 2016, what is the warranty?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

If I was to buy the Lumia 930 in 2016

Essentially my fairly reliable 925 is definitely on its last legs. The battery on it will not charge properly very easily and it doesn't hold the charge as well as the first two years of use. According to a technician it's something a battery replace wont fix.

Unfortunately for phone purchases, I am travelling and currently don't have a lot of expendable money. All mid/budget smart phones seem to pale in comparison to my current 925 and its successor in the form of the 930.

For example the Microsoft Lumia 650 is average and people and critics alike dislike the 950/1050.

if I bought the 930 brand new from somewhere what is the warranty situation? Nokia isn't around anymore so are there still international service centers around that Microsoft now handles? warranty is implanted for say two years from date of purchase etc?

Did it ever get the glance feature via updates?
Does it have w10? Is it reliable, fast and not worse than w8.1?

Anything else I should be aware of? Any warnings? Or any compliments on the 930 are welcome to aid my decision.

I am a stupid sucker for windows (I like OLED man), but are there any android or ios flagships that aren't the newest version but are still better than most today?

Cheers,
Nigel

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: If I was to buy the Lumia 930 in 2016

This is only my opinion from here on out..... YMMV. Grab your salt shaker. I don't have all the answers. I have never owned a Icon/930.

To get W10M on older hardware, I would not buy any Nokia phone at this point other than the 830 which I already own. The reason is because of the SD card slot. I like having options in storage. I have a 128 in mine. The camera is pretty good and the RS and release builds have been pretty kind to the 830 as far as speed and stability. It also has glance which I don't rely on but is handy.

Many folks will defend the 930 for the camera and I have seen pics that are amazing taken with phone. But it has fixed storage, and it inst getting any younger, nor is the 830 for that matter....

In the US there are Android options like the LG G4 can be had for 350 brand new and has a SD slot and great camera. It also has the fabled "Apps".

A iPhone 6 64GB is a great phone (I have one). That can also be had used for around 350 in the US. Also it has the "Apps".

In 2016, for a 400$- budget I would go for a Android offering like a LG or iPhone SE/6, if apps are are a priority. Great phones with good camera and storage.

A 930 can be had for 225$ish on ebay and sorts.

Just my opinion tho. Its all about what you need in a phone.

aaronth86

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

I just bought a like new refurbished Nokia icon from Amazon for 150.00. I'm in love with it. I went from a iphone 6 down to a 928 then up to icon. I've put all my song and pics and have only used 12gb.

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 930 user here. It will never get glance, that's due to screen spec HARDWARE. Windows 10 runs fine on it. Yes the fixed storage space isnt expandable. Battery life has never been brilliant even with a brand new genuine battery. If it's cheap enough & meets your needs then its a fine phone, just remember its not the latest due to its age.

randomscandinavian

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I just bought a new 930 off eBay even though it was more than half the price of a 950 where I live. It didn't cost much more than a refurbished 930 online and about the same as a used second hand one in my country. Money wasn't my main issue. I simply think the design of the 950 is so unappealing that I don't want it.

Will I be sorry? Perhaps. It is pretty old although it runs WP10 just time and doesn't seem to suffer from any of the famous bugs.

My thought is to have it until maybe a new proper flagship phone appears. Or jump the Windows ship.

shiva484

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site

when I upgraded to windows10 mobile the device lost its audio recording in video shoots then I took it to the care centre and after around 20 days they had replaced it with a new device( but the back panel remained the same)
I hear the forums that this happens with mic problems when upgrading to 10 and once you get repaired you can switch back and forth without such issue.
hope this info helps you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon