07-06-2015 10:48 AM
493 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Yay... More accessories for the unannounced phone...

Nokia Lumia 929 Armor Stand Case - Black
    12-26-2013 10:13 AM
    My concern is how will I really know if it fits the phone? If you look at the Wireless Ground videos on YouTube showing off this case, there is no real phone in the case. It's just a piece of paper cut out and put in the case, and not the real phone. The guy even says they don't have the phone yet, nobody does. I guess for $15 with shipping it's not a big risk, but still....
    12-26-2013 10:50 AM
    My concern is how will I really know if it fits the phone? If you look at the Wireless Ground videos on YouTube showing off this case, there is no real phone in the case. It's just a piece of paper cut out and put in the case, and not the real phone. The guy even says they don't have the phone yet, nobody does. I guess for $15 with shipping it's not a big risk, but still....
    Oh yeah, I'm definitely not buying any accessories until the actual device is out. I was more just pointing out how silly this all is.

But I have heard that Otterbox will be releasing a case for it as well. So if the phone comes out, i'll be buying an Otterbox so I can use it when I know I'm going to be active.
    12-26-2013 11:05 AM
    Enjoyed the Verizon Nokia Lumia ads over the holiday... Buy this tablet, get the 928 for free! Sounds like Verizon is getting rid of their 928 stock. I wonder why? Could it be that they intend to release a new version?
    12-26-2013 11:05 AM
    Enjoyed the Verizon Nokia Lumia ads over the holiday... Buy this tablet, get the 928 for free! Sounds like Verizon is getting rid of their 928 stock. I wonder why? Could it be that they intend to release a new version?
    Yeah... And they're doing a pretty **** poor job unloading stock, too. The deal is actually: Buy a new NL2520 with a two year contract, get a free NL928, with a two year contract!
    12-26-2013 11:13 AM
    I switched from my tablet PC's to a mac in 2009, and an iPhone from a windows phone at that time as well. Mavericks and IOS 7 just irritated me and I already dumped the mac for a new tablet PC, and in September was going to change to a Windows phone as well. I had my account rep (business so I have 10 phones on our business account) send me a 928 to test for a few weeks, and really liked it. Almost pulled the trigger until I found out about the 929. Then I decided to wait. Rumored October release passed, rumored November release passed, rumored December release passed. Even my account rep hasn't heard a single thing about the 929. I even nagged Verizon's facebook page and got a couple replies from them about my comment how irritating it is that for techies like myself to not be able to get any kind of announcement much ahead of time for devices, and this is why some of their customers jump ship, to get a new generation phone elsewhere because Verizon won't give us any reason to keep waiting to see if they'll really release something or not. If it weren't for the better coverage that my employees get with Verizon at our client sites, I'd not hesitate to jump ship.

I hate that I'm still stuck on my iPhone 5 more than 3 months after I decided to drop it, simply because I'm hoping these rumors pan out for the 929 / Icon / whatever it ends up being called. It would just be nice if they'd actually either admit that it's coming, even without any release date, or deny that they will be getting it so I could move on one way or another.

Back in October I bought the wireless charging puck for it, and now my new car even has a built in wireless charger, so I'm more than ready. Just getting really impatient being stuck with my iPhone still... If there's no announcement in the next few weeks, I'll just upgrade one of my guys from an older iPhone 4s or something to a 928, then swap numbers with them and give them my iPhone 5, and sit tight then on THAT until I can get a newer gen Windows phone...

You'd think that they'd WANT to make sure people knew for sure this was coming, but I guess that would cut into their sales of the 928 and the other HUGE choice of WP8 (/end sarcasm) they have in the meantime...

Just seems there's not a lot of love for Windows Phone at Verizon... Everything is about the iPhone for them, and even looking at their Windows Phone options from the main page, they have hard links under the Smart Phones link to take you directly to their iPhones, but no hard links to Windows phones. You still have to just go to the Smart Phones section first and only then can you narrow down by OS...
    12-26-2013 04:41 PM
    JDThird, what kind of replies did Verizon give you? I'm curious to know if they made sense, sounded truthful, sounded clueless, or if they just gave plain BS.
    12-26-2013 08:14 PM
    They sounded earnest - it was the same people replying to others problems or complaints on the page. But it was the normal stuff about pointing me to their "coming soon" page that has nothing about new phones, and that they value customers who love technology and such. So it's kind of a mix, useless bull**** answers that weren't really answers but propaganda, and a total lack of knowledge about what's coming. At least my corporate rep is honest about it and comes right out and simply says, "They've told us nothing about any upcoming Nokia phones."
    12-26-2013 09:39 PM
    I don't think there is any doubt that the 929/Icon will be coming to Verizon in 2014 the only question is when. The best guesses that I have seen project the release in February to coincide with one of the big convention/shows. I have also read that the most recent delay is caused by the MS acquisition of Nokia which should be finalized in the 1st quarter 2014. I an anxious to see it in real-life as I think I would pay the upgrade from the 928. I have discovered that the display on the 928 is dull and very off-white when compared to the Apple 5s and a white balance card. I am hoping that the newer display on the 929 will be a crisper brighter white. (the dull white background affects everything, from reading email, kindle to pictures and movies) Yes the display is set all the way to cool.
    12-28-2013 05:02 PM
    So far the 929 seems to be doing the same thing that the 928 did...take forever to get released. Many of the same arguments/issues/delays were involved with that phone as well. It finally came out, though. So I expect it to be here...one day. Of course, I was also waiting for a red 928 for a couple of months before giving up on it.
    12-28-2013 10:41 PM
    Of course, I was also waiting for a red 928 for a couple of months before giving up on it.
    Me too. Definitely not making that mistake again. Especially since the matte white looks so cool. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
    12-29-2013 01:59 PM
    Just came back from the Windows store. I was heavily discouraged from turning in my defective (but usable) 928 because the 929 is "right around the corner, despite another recent delay."

Without saying it, the manager seemed convinced it was about 2-5 weeks away.
    01-05-2014 07:23 PM
    Just came back from the Windows store. I was heavily discouraged from turning in my defective (but usable) 928 because the 929 is "right around the corner, despite another recent delay."

Without saying it, the manager seemed convinced it was about 2-5 weeks away.
    Funny, I was in a VZW store last night asking to see the Lumia 2520 tablet when the 929/Icon came up in conversation. The staff member commented on the accessories already being available to order and he expected (which means nothing, I know) the phone in another 2 weeks.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    01-05-2014 10:30 PM
    I dropped by the Microsoft Store and Verizon Kiosk at the local mall this weekend. The Microsoft Rep mentioned the possibility of a new version of the 928. The Verizon Rep had obviously been drinking the company Kool-Aid, "I haven't heard anything about a 929. Check the Verizon Wireless Website for any Windows Phones we offer." I commented on the vast array of Verizon's 3 Windows Phone offerings and put my dead Motorola Razr back in my pocket (after 26 months of ownership, I now get about 4 hours of battery life so if I'm not near an outlet all day, the phone is practically useless to me).
    01-06-2014 10:28 AM
    Anyone think this will officially be announced during CES?
    01-06-2014 01:26 PM
    Hey guys, this is my first post but I have been quietly following the 929 rumors since October. Wife and I are in Cincinnati,Ohio and have been waiting to switch from Sprint to Verizon (for network quality reasons). I started with the original IPhone, have been with android a handful of years, and am now ready for the windows phone. So.. This week came and we can wait no longer to switch. At my local VZW store, the wife loves her iPhone so got the new one.. U guys really are right about the SERIOUS lack of love for the Nokia line. In the entire store (large store) 1 Nokia phone on display and 1 Nokia tablet on display...neither with power or ability to demo in any way. There are at least 4-5 displays of every android and iOS. Surprisingly, my salesman was impressed with my vast knowledge of the 929/icon and what is holding it up (tip of the hat to all of you gentleman for all the info) and he not only acknowledged it but we had a nice little convorsation about it. His rep said Verizon's next Nokia phone will be a phablet with the Icon releasing after. His opinion was end of Q1release (he stressed that was just his opinion). So, there u have it...search for the White Buffalo continues. I decided to go with the 928 on an Edge plan. Seemed like the best of my choices..bcs I will own this damn phone one day.
    01-07-2014 03:44 PM
    Hey guys, this is my first post but I have been quietly following the 929 rumors since October. Wife and I are in Cincinnati,Ohio and have been waiting to switch from Sprint to Verizon (for network quality reasons). I started with the original IPhone, have been with android a handful of years, and am now ready for the windows phone. So.. This week came and we can wait no longer to switch. At my local VZW store, the wife loves her iPhone so got the new one.. U guys really are right about the SERIOUS lack of love for the Nokia line. In the entire store (large store) 1 Nokia phone on display and 1 Nokia tablet on display...neither with power or ability to demo in any way. There are at least 4-5 displays of every android and iOS. Surprisingly, my salesman was impressed with my vast knowledge of the 929/icon and what is holding it up (tip of the hat to all of you gentleman for all the info) and he not only acknowledged it but we had a nice little convorsation about it. His rep said Verizon's next Nokia phone will be a phablet with the Icon releasing after. His opinion was end of Q1release (he stressed that was just his opinion). So, there u have it...search for the White Buffalo continues. I decided to go with the 928 on an Edge plan. Seemed like the best of my choices..bcs I will own this damn phone one day.
    Don't go to a Verizon store for yourself. Go to the Microsoft store in Kenwood. They'll take infinitely better care of you, and their $99 for 2 year insurance policy is much better than Verizon's policy. It's cheaper, it doesn't involve refurbs, and you can get a new phone within minutes, whereas Verizon will make you wait for one to be shipped from a central location if they don't have refurbs in the store.
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-08-2014 02:11 AM
    I am still undecided about the Lumia Icon. I currently have the Lumia 928 and have been going back and forth, if it will be worth going from the 928 to the 929. One rumored spec I haven't seen or maybe have missed is LTE-A. The 928 has the capability once Nokia turns it on with an update. Has anyone read anything regarding the Lumia Icon having the LTE-A feature?

EDIT: And for those that are photography experts, how much of a difference would there be between the Xenon flash and dual-LED?
    Last edited by Scorpio5x0; 01-08-2014 at 02:51 PM.
    01-08-2014 02:21 PM
    Set Your Location

Found this gem on the old inter web today, official....................
    01-08-2014 02:22 PM
    And for the third Monday in the last few months... I'm holding out for an announcement this week!
    01-13-2014 07:45 AM
    I'm just hoping that with the purported leak of their test webpage, it's finally getting close... As a techie, it's killing me that I am waiting to see if Lenovo hits their ship date for my new computer at the same time I'm waiting to see if Verizon gives me the chance to finally dump my iPhone... I'm getting impatient on two different fronts and a little twitchy... ;)
    01-13-2014 01:22 PM
    I would find it hard to believe a phablet would be released before the Icon, unless we are looking at Verizon simply putting up their own variant of the 1520. I am personally still holding out for the Icon for myself but, we have 5 lines and 3 have already been filled with Android devices because of the wait. I'm sure MS/Nokia have plenty of customers but in an environment where market share is so critical to their 2014 business plan - the anecdotal evidence of lost sales begins to add up to something real eventually. With the Galaxy S5 rumor mill heating up and historical evidence that Samsung can at least execute a release more competently over all carriers, our "flagship" device is gonna end up drowning in the media hype. And maybe my last two lines end up without Windows Phone... Again. Tick tock.
    01-13-2014 09:27 PM
    I have discovered that the display on the 928 is dull and very off-white when compared to the Apple 5s and a white balance card.
    Yeah, it's the first thing I noticed about the 928 in side-by-side comparison to my wife's 8X. The 928 screen is meh even after the color balancing and brightness changes.
    Zippier likes this.
    01-14-2014 08:19 AM
    I'm just hoping that with the purported leak of their test webpage, it's finally getting close... As a techie, it's killing me that I am waiting to see if Lenovo hits their ship date for my new computer at the same time I'm waiting to see if Verizon gives me the chance to finally dump my iPhone... I'm getting impatient on two different fronts and a little twitchy... ;)
    JDThird,

I am with you. I am very impatient to get my hands on the 929(or Icon). I have been counting the days (there is an app for that) to drop my Galaxy S3. I am so over android and Google.

Grim
    01-14-2014 04:43 PM
    Hmm, I saw a rumor on another site today about a potential, 5.2" Lumia 1820 this year. The rumor listed it as a device set for March, and it trumps the 929/Icon in just about every way. I would really, really be disappointed if history repeated itself with Verizon and the Icon were launched just a couple of months before other carriers are set to receive the high end from the next generation.
    01-15-2014 03:36 PM
493 ... 56789 ...