ICON Roll Call

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Let me guess, Verizon said the BlackBerry Z30 is selling so well they decided to scrap the 929? They have been known to do dumb things like this lol.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using WPCentral Forums mobile app

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

kc77

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I would buy it, but I don't think its release will line up with my upgrade. I'm due for mine around next August and by then I'll probably just wait to see what the holiday will bring before getting one.

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
what's really crazy about this is it seems Amazon has a ton of cases for the 929.
I mean check out this link
Amazon.com: YESOO Nokia Lumia 929 Unique Suction Cup Closure PU Leather Case With Flip Build In Stand Protective Cover (Brown): Cell Phones & Accessories
It has a specific option for the lumia 929. I guess the only other explanation is the 929 is coming out on another carrier??

Just because their is cases made means nothing. The company's will have to count their losses on those. Anyone know the story on the Motorola Droid Bionic? They had the whole phone done, images leaked, cases made, best buys ads made up and then boom. Motorola scrapped the whole design and came out with a whole new Bionic. So just cause their is cases made for it means nothing at all really.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Just because their is cases made means nothing. The company's will have to count their losses on those. Anyone know the story on the Motorola Droid Bionic? They had the whole phone done, images leaked, cases made, best buys ads made up and then boom. Motorola scrapped the whole design and came out with a whole new Bionic. So just cause their is cases made for it means nothing at all really.

Sorry, I don't keep up with crap android devices. That all makes sense, but were they actually selling cases for the droid bionic?

INCREMENTAL

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I don't keep up with crap android devices. That all makes sense, but were they actually selling cases for the droid bionic?

There was cases out on Amazon and eBay just like the 929 is now and the phone never got released.

Hockeymac18

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Nooo, you're supposed to say something reassuring to confirm our suspicion or rumors or something!

Haha, agreed. It would be nice to have a second source corroborate that January 16th date. I've been waiting for a phone like this since July (basically once I saw the 1020). I was initially hoping the 1020 would make its way to Verizon, but that seems like something that won't happen for a long time (if ever). So once I saw the leaks for the 929, I got pretty interested.

Last week I started seeing comments from people here that seemed to indicate that the phone was being completely cancelled, I basically got so fed up with this roller-coaster that I almost pulled the trigger on a free 928 this past weekend. The fact that Verizon would straight up cancel a phone like this (especially for an OS on Verizon that has been pretty devoid of flagship devices) seemed pretty ridiculous and stupid...but it being Verizon, it didn't surprise me too much. I had been holding off for a better camera (I'm a part-time photographer), but the 928 looked like it would be good enough to hold me over until next spring/summer (since that's when it was starting to seem like Verizon was gonna wait to release a new phone).

But if I know the 929 is just a month away (semi-officially), I wouldn't mind waiting. This droid 4 and its broken screen are really a pain in the *** (Android has really started to bother me the last year), but I'd be happy to wait if I know it's coming somewhat soon. Then again, back in October I thought the 929 would be out by November....and here we are December 16th and we're still in speculation land.

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I hear ya. I think a lot of us are in the same boat. I almost pulled the trigger on a 928 on eBay last night, but decided to hold off. I think patience will prevail. If the phone is coming as soon as rumors may indicate, then it's definitely worth waiting. And if the rumors are wrong, well then dammit! Haha.

KevinRahimi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Morning all,
I've been following this thread for a while as i'm looking to convert from Android to WP.
I was just doing a search and came across a new rumor stating that the delay is Verizon want to work directly with Microsoft rather than Nokia and the phone is delayed to February (announced at MWC)
Rumour: Nokia Lumia 929 launch delayed by Nokia/Microsoft transition | WMPoweruser is the link.

Not sure how credible, but hopefully we'll have more information tomorrow. :)

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Morning all,
I've been following this thread for a while as i'm looking to convert from Android to WP.
I was just doing a search and came across a new rumor stating that the delay is Verizon want to work directly with Microsoft rather than Nokia and the phone is delayed to February (announced at MWC)
Rumour: Nokia Lumia 929 launch delayed by Nokia/Microsoft transition | WMPoweruser is the link.

Not sure how credible, but hopefully we'll have more information tomorrow. :)

I'll believe it when WPCentral reports it. I don't trust much of anything that WMPoweruser puts out.

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
that's why I'm hoping we'll hear more info tomorrow.
I almost pulled the trigger on the 928 but my S3 can last a little longer....

What's the word on tomorrow?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the rumor is true, as Verizon is very business-oriented and has a lot of business customers, and Microsoft is a well known brand in the business world with nearly all computers powered by Windows for decades (not so much these days, but still absolutely huge market share), and Office being such a vital part of business, as well as Azure in the cloud, and so many other services, it makes sense that Verizon would be more interested in working with Microsoft than Nokia, especially after the purchase of their devices business and Microsoft is an American company, so I wouldn't be surprised if the rumor is true.

However, until it's abundantly clear, we obviously can't trust it completely.

I was rather angry before about the 929 delays because I really wanted a great camera for my upcoming vacation, but if the delay is only until January or February, I think I can last a little longer. It would certainly be worth the wait. I'm learning how to be patient :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077