06-09-2014 11:29 AM
75 123
tools
    white. I already have a LG2 and it looks like this phone. I need a change.
    Too bad the face of the phone is black regardless. LAAAMEEE
    02-12-2014 10:00 PM
    After watching multiple unboxing and review videos for both white and black Icon's, I am still no closer to figuring out which one I'm going to get.
    02-13-2014 11:42 AM
    After watching multiple unboxing and review videos for both white and black Icon's, I am still no closer to figuring out which one I'm going to get.
    go to a store and get hands on when it comes out
    02-13-2014 12:05 PM
    go to a store and get hands on when it comes out
    Omg, why didn't I think of this? You're a genius! Thank you so much!
    02-13-2014 01:01 PM
    Omg, why didn't I think of this? You're a genius! Thank you so much!
    I think you meant to write that in teal.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    02-13-2014 01:29 PM
    I want white so bad but my 928 started getting discolored almost immdediately
    Really? That is interesting. My wifes 928 and the units at work all look perfect.
    02-13-2014 03:02 PM
    Cyan

Attachment 56872

Okay, Okay.....Black.
    This is actually what my wife will be getting. White with the Cyan cover (because she keeps dropping and cracking screens).
    Cyan cover just arrived at home and is sitting on my porch.
    I will be getting white without any cover.
    mrlugo88 likes this.
    02-13-2014 03:03 PM
    I'm glad i got the white. I saw both at the Microsoft store on display and the white really does stand out. Said it once and I'll say it again, it's that silver metal band that really makes the phone. The metal band on the black just "blends in" to me.

Regardless of what you get it's more gorgeous in person.
    02-20-2014 11:00 AM
    White, fo shizzle.
    02-20-2014 11:02 AM
    I'm not sure yet. I am at the Microsoft store now. I'm not the primary on my account so I'm waiting an hour on some info before I upgrade. I will most likely go white. I have a lot of chocolate wood furniture and black accents in my house and often misplace my black iPhone
    02-20-2014 12:40 PM
    I went with white and I'm happy that I did. It looks really sharp.
    Zippier likes this.
    02-21-2014 09:19 AM
    I want white but I'm afraid it will get dirty.
    02-21-2014 10:31 AM
    I'm glad i got the white. I saw both at the Microsoft store on display and the white really does stand out. Said it once and I'll say it again, it's that silver metal band that really makes the phone. The metal band on the black just "blends in" to me.

Regardless of what you get it's more gorgeous in person.
    I was hoping to get the white Icon because of how much the metal band sticks out, but sadly they only had one left in the store and it was black, so I went with that version. It's even more boring IMO, but in the end the color doesn't matter when I cover it up with a case anyways.
    02-21-2014 10:42 AM
    Magic Eraser
    02-21-2014 10:49 AM
    My white 928 got pretty dirty. If you have a case on it probably won't matter.

My complaint with the white is that its essentially a three tone phone. Had they made the front white I wouldve jumped all over it.
    02-21-2014 10:57 AM
    At least you can get it. I'm not on Verizon. :-/
    02-21-2014 11:02 AM

My complaint with the white is that its essentially a three tone phone. Had they made the front white I wouldve jumped all over it.
    The matte white material has a different finish from the glossy though.
    02-21-2014 11:03 AM
    If I do end up getting the phone. I'm going white. The silver, grey metallic band has won me over for sure. The white one just seems to pop more.
    02-21-2014 11:11 AM
    The white looks the best, imo.
    Zippier likes this.
    02-21-2014 11:21 AM
    I got white, and the reason actually surprised me. I went in to my local VZW store around 4PM yesterday and they had sold out of the black earlier in the day! White isn't bad, does show few smudges etc, but when the phone is laying on it's back all you can see is the black screen and the matte silver border. I like the way it looks.
    02-21-2014 11:23 AM
    Go for black.

You know what they say, once you go black the return rates are nil.

;-)
    02-21-2014 11:28 AM
    I got white, and the reason actually surprised me. I went in to my local VZW store around 4PM yesterday and they had sold out of the black earlier in the day! White isn't bad, does show few smudges etc, but when the phone is laying on it's back all you can see is the black screen and the matte silver border. I like the way it looks.
    And honestly, that's how it's going to be most of the time. Sitting on it's back. One of my main concerns is how it looks in an otterbox.

Did anyone happen to get an otterbox & a white Icon? I'd love to see pictures.
    02-21-2014 11:28 AM

That was my complaint as well. But after looking at both in person, I still liked the white better than the black because the black just had no personality left to show with the metal band being colored the same as the rest of the phone, so it just became a black brick. And while I was concerned about white, I realized that you're never looking at the front and the back of the phone at the same time, so it actually looks really nice, despite being 3 tones.

I bought white. And I'm very happy with that decision. But that's my personal preference. Just figured I'd share my story, considering I was thinking the exact same thing as you. The 3-tone white version really irked me, but no longer.
    Zippier and JBConforti like this.
    02-21-2014 11:33 AM
    That was my complaint as well. But after looking at both in person, I still liked the white better than the black because the black just had no personality left to show with the metal band being colored the same as the rest of the phone, so it just became a black brick. And while I was concerned about white, I realized that you're never looking at the front and the back of the phone at the same time, so it actually looks really nice, despite being 3 tones.

I bought white. And I'm very happy with that decision. But that's my personal preference. Just figured I'd share my story, considering I was thinking the exact same thing as you. The 3-tone white version really irked me, but no longer.
    I finally found a Verizon store that had both out for display. This was the third corporate store that I've visited in the last couple days, and the only one that had at least the black out. They had a white behind the counter that was a dummy device.

I think the white does a way better job emphasizing the Lumia design than the black does. I'm pretty sure I'm going with white in a few days when I can upgrade.
    02-21-2014 11:16 PM
    I went with the black color. I didn't like that the white is a tri-color phone, back is white, sides are silver and top is black. The black version is the same color everywhere and looks sleek and sexy...
    JBConforti and KevinRahimi like this.
    02-21-2014 11:52 PM
75 123