Lumia Icon Screen Protectors

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
For now, until I find something, I left on the original one that came with the phone. Yeah it has the indicators on where things are, but it's still better than nothing right now!
If Gadget Guard made a Black Ice screen protector for the Icon, I'd buy it! They only have the regular one right now: Nokia Lumia 929 Screen Protector

BfnC

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
another vote for Skinomi - I've tried others that seem like they are the same but nothing has compared to Skinomi so far, with invisibility on screen and self-healing... have them on my cameras and will be on my Icon as soon as they are available

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm heading to the Zagg InvisibleShield store after work to see if they have one for the Icon already. That's the best of them all, in my opinion, except for the weird sticky texture.

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm torn on the screen protector issue.

I did not have one of my 8X, and over the course of 2 years, the Gorilla Glass 2 kept it scratch free. Not a mark on it. I assume GG3 is even tougher (actually was about to go online and read up on it) so I'm probably NOT going to put anything on my Icon. I should note, I am very careful about where I put the phone, and what I put it near. I never put it in a pocket with anything else that might scratch it (keys, coins, etc.) even though I've seen Gorilla Glass 1 marketing showing people unable to scratch the screen with keys and razor blades.

If I was going to do something, I'd go Zagg. They are a PITA to get on, but once on, the new HD protectors (especially when your device is on) are undetectable. That's what I have on my Surface 2.

Only thing that concerned me, if I were going to go the protector route, was how well they stay on the Icon's curved screen. I would not think a flat screen protector would lay flat at the corners.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Anybody have any other suggestions for cases or shields? Been waiting for Poetic and Skinomi but neither has released anything yet and I'm quite sketchy about having a naked phone lol..

UncleGrandpa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I think the Otterbox Commuter series, once its available, is a great product. We have them on 30 iPhones and we have never had an "accident" (cracked screens, dents, etc) with any of them...and yes, our users are brutal on phones. Before we required the OBox, we were replacing phones at a crazy rate.

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
What screen protector isn't rubbery feeling? I picked up the Skinomi for my wife's 928. It' is a very nice protector and fits spot on, but it feels rubbery and sticky. If it was my phone I wouldn't be able to leave it on. So, what options are there for a harder/smooth/slippery screen protector. In the end I might just end up going without and testing this GG3, I'm not too hard on my phones.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I love the Skinomi because they go on really well, they stay on really well, they cover the ENTIRE glass area, and they are very transparent! Their customer service and warranty exchange is awesome, easy, and very fast. The rubbery feel is a downfall, but I feel the rest make up for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb