SMS Error 1

7ouie

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia Icon (bought from Verizon) using T-Mobile sim.

Installed Access Point. Running 8.1. Everything works except my issue below, and the inaccurate signal indicator.

Only thing that doesn't work (both in 8 and 8.1) is consistent sending of SMS. Sometimes it won't send but it gives a button to retry. Other times SMS won't send, and there's no button to retry. When I hold down on the message and view the error, it comes up with "SMS Error 1"

Anyone else having the same problem?

Anyone know what SMS Error 1 means?

brintonjay

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Also using an icon on tmo... my data keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every few minutes? I think I have the right APN settings. Any ideas?

Nick Ans

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Please raise this concern to Lumia Care on Twitter. Im using a Lumia 928 and the same issue Cannot send sms in 3g and LTE modes. It works only in 2G. Im asking Nokia regarding this on twitter but they keep telling me extended patience is required and they are looking into the issue. Please let Nokia know on Twitter so that they can react fast on the issue.

Vmartinez39

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Problem is really with T-Mobile and it's funky non-standard LTE/4G requency it uses. Will work just need to set it to Edge/2G only.

Also MMS will not/may not work and thats just a crapshoot. Of course if you don't care for or need MMS then phone is all good.

I know this because I own a Lumia 928.

ho_amini

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I had this problem also. But last day I got another update from Microsoft (Develop preview) and right now, I am on LTE and I am able to send and receive sms without any problem...Also, my LTE is very stable!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon