FM Radio???

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Alright, I launched the FM radio app in Windows Phone 8.1 (the DP version). All I get is static. I swapped to a different set of earphones and same.

I know the Icon is supposed to have FM Radio so am I doing something wrong. I've dialed through the entire spectrum and just snowy static. Not a hint of any broadcast. This is my first time launching FM Radio on my Icon since I've owned it.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
yes, over the air FM. I used it on my 521 and it worked perfectly on that device (just tried it again this very second to verify).

I guess I got a bad Icon. Should've checked that when I first bought it. I'm not going to spend a $50 deductible just for FM radio though... :crying:

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
yes, over the air FM. I used it on my 521 and it worked perfectly on that device (just tried it again this very second to verify).

I guess I got a bad Icon. Should've checked that when I first bought it. I'm not going to spend a $50 deductible just for FM radio though... :crying:

Just tried on my Icon and works fine... Did not even know it had that capability... bet my 928 did as well... I had two apps installed already one gave me only static and the other worked fine... I think they were built in apps from MS but not sure... The one that does not work can be un-installed but the other FM Radio app works fine and cannot be un-installed...

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Okay. so I launched the FM Radio app with the headphones already plugged in. All snowy static.

I tried MobileVertex's tip (unplug headphones and plug them back in while already in the app). I completely lost all sound, including static. Changed volume, switched the speaker, etc. Nothing. Closed the app and relaunched it. Now I have FM Radio working!

I guess the app is a little finicky. I'm guessing rebooting the phone like BB_Jay suggests would also work.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The 928 did not have fm

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Correct, and that is the reason I got a ICON, Nokia told me via their 800 number (recorded the chat) before release that the 928 HAD FM support....Long battle, long story...

I still have a few sets of HTC headphones from when I had a Trophy (defective models, had 3 before getting one that worked great)....They work great on the ICON...but, my high end Sony ear buds work like crap for getting signal. So you need a set of headphones that are designed for an Antenna for the best results, unless your in a big city..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon