01-03-2017 01:41 PM
2,618 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    The icon runs perfectly as is....if I never heard of cyan, denim, or win 8.1, I'd be just fine.
    Brenda Smeby likes this.
    11-02-2014 09:25 AM
    I asked a dude in the Verizon store why the Lumia Icon wasn't being sold anymore. He told me because of the Microsoft acquisition of Nokia. Soooo they don't want to sell phones with the name Nokia on it? Why aren't the rest of the companies doing that? Didn't make sense lol
    If that's the case, why are they still selling the 928?
    Tjarren, XillaKun and MikeSo like this.
    11-02-2014 10:14 AM
    11-03-2014 09:16 AM
    I'll believe it when I see it. And probably won't update until I see user reports.

I hate to abandon WP but at this point I'm trying to get into an iPhone 6. Vzw screwed me on edge though so maybe not.
    11-03-2014 09:28 AM
    AT&T announces Lumia 830, available Friday, Nov 7 for $99.99 with a two-year contract | Windows Central

AT&T posts HTC One M8 for Windows video ahead of launch | Windows Central

This week: Verizon releases Windows Phone 8.1! All hail Verizon. The best carrier with Windows Phone users in the United States!
    I'm sensing your sarcasm...
    DavidinCT and aximtreo like this.
    11-03-2014 09:30 AM
    I'll believe it when I see it. And probably won't update until I see user reports.

I hate to abandon WP but at this point I'm trying to get into an iPhone 6. Vzw screwed me on edge though so maybe not.
    Well Brenda, it would appear half of your plan makes sense. I, too will likely be switching over to an iPhone. A distinction, I hope you would follow, is that it also most certainly be an unlocked GSM device.
    11-03-2014 09:40 AM
    I asked a dude in the Verizon store why the Lumia Icon wasn't being sold anymore. He told me because of the Microsoft acquisition of Nokia. Soooo they don't want to sell phones with the name Nokia on it? Why aren't the rest of the companies doing that? Didn't make sense lol
    Well, the fast is, you talked to a Verizon customer service rep/sales person, they don't know crap when it comes to internal workings at Verizon. They never did, and never will...

Maybe Verizon wanted to get the phone with Cyan/Denim with Microsoft branding to promote it again ?
    Meat Sammiches likes this.
    11-03-2014 09:45 AM
    Well, the fast is, you talked to a Verizon customer service rep/sales person, they don't know crap when it comes to internal workings at Verizon. They never did, and never will...

Maybe Verizon wanted to get the phone with Cyan/Denim with Microsoft branding to promote it again ?
    I was in two Verizon corporate stores this weekend looking for a case for my Icon and both of them have sent back all their unsold Icon cases. If they were going to bring the Icon back with new branding the cases would still be the same so no point to send them back.
    11-03-2014 10:11 AM
    Zero chance that Verizon is looking to re-brand the phone with Cyan or Denim.
    11-03-2014 11:56 AM
    My guess is they retired it because the 830 is coming out on AT&T and looks very similar, so they don't really have a visual exclusive any longer.

I also inquired with a contact I have at Microsoft's hardware division and I don't think we are going to see an update (Cyan and/or Denim) until early December. My contact and his/her boss made it sound like Microsoft isn't all that happy with Verizon's handling of this, and it sounded like there will be more and more phones sold unlocked, but I didnt push on specifics
    11-03-2014 12:00 PM
    I'm sensing your sarcasm...
    Just a smidge.
    11-03-2014 12:46 PM
    My guess is they retired it because the 830 is coming out on AT&T and looks very similar, so they don't really have a visual exclusive any longer.

I also inquired with a contact I have at Microsoft's hardware division and I don't think we are going to see an update (Cyan and/or Denim) until early December. My contact and his/her boss made it sound like Microsoft isn't all that happy with Verizon's handling of this, and it sounded like there will be more and more phones sold unlocked, but I didnt push on specifics
    Did you ask them about new high end phones?
    11-03-2014 01:42 PM
    Did you ask them about new high end phones?
    I try not to put people I know in compromising situations if I can avoid it
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    11-03-2014 01:58 PM

The ATT 830 comes in dark aluminum. Hardly similar...

But the issue is contentious, so what you're reiterating make sense. The visual similarity may have become a legal and contractual issue. ATT's aluminum color was changed at some point indicating that Verizon may have made a stink.

Unlocked is the way to go. Also, no more exclusives.
    11-03-2014 02:01 PM
    Yeah I just ordered the 1520.3 from B&H for $500. Few weeks to get here, figure I can cancel if they release Cyan beforehand and if not will just sell my Icon. Unlocked GSM from now on
    11-03-2014 02:25 PM
    I expect to see the Icon on overstock.com or newegg.com for $99 no contract soon, lol.
    11-03-2014 02:47 PM
    Zero chance that Verizon is looking to re-brand the phone with Cyan or Denim.
    and you know this how ? Let me guess your a customer service rep for Verizon....If so, refer to my last post :)

I expect to see the Icon on overstock.com or newegg.com for $99 no contract soon, lol.
    And that would s.u.c.k.....Just a nice way to de-value a high end phone... So my phone I could of sold for $200 a year and 1/2 from now will be worth $50...

Thanks Verizon, maybe I should sue them for the difference...
    11-03-2014 02:57 PM
    I try not to put people I know in compromising situations if I can avoid it
    You live alone don't you?
    11-03-2014 03:10 PM
    Yeah I just ordered the 1520.3 from B&H for $500. Few weeks to get here, figure I can cancel if they release Cyan beforehand and if not will just sell my Icon. Unlocked GSM from now on
    Got mine from B&H last Thursday. Love it. 32GB and 64 GB SD. Tiptoeing through the tulips.
    11-03-2014 03:12 PM

How did they screw you on edge?
    11-03-2014 03:37 PM
    I've had mine for at least a week now. Its a great phone. I do have the scroll/tap issue, but its minor. Its not bad enough to be annoying. I haven't attempted to mess with sensitivity options and for all I know that would fix it.

11-03-2014 04:41 PM

Yeah I'm on the droid turbo now. Great phone but I really really miss windows.
    11-03-2014 04:51 PM
    You live alone don't you?
    Nah, I expect people not to push me to reveal things that would get me in trouble if they became public, so I treat them the same
    11-03-2014 05:28 PM
    Yeah I'm on the droid turbo now. Great phone but I really really miss windows.
    If I were to jump back on the Lolipop train with VZW I think the Turbo would be it... Looks nice (for Google) anyway.
    11-03-2014 08:48 PM
    How does the camera on the Droid Turbo match up to the Icon?
    11-03-2014 10:43 PM
2,618 ... 1617181920 ...