Verizon Users - Anyone Thought of Moving To HTC One M8?

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I can't imagine having another phone without wireless charging, personally. It better be a pretty damn nice phone for me to give that feature up after having nearly 2 years experience with it with a 928 and now Icon.

I don't have to imagine it, because this is exactly what I've done. The phone is "a pretty damn nice phone". :)

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Icon with 8.1. I've got a friend with the M8 and recommend it to all Windows users as it comes with 8.1. It has a great on screen keyboard and is very light. I'm waiting on 10 and the 1520 replacement. If it isn't on Verizon I'll jump ship to AT&T.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't have to imagine it, because this is exactly what I've done. The phone is "a pretty damn nice phone". :)

I don't doubt that, and if I was in the market today, I would probably get the M8. I'm in a traditional contract which runs until August, which will likely be a good time to consider options as WP10 devices will likely be known by then, or shortly after.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I disagree that because a phone is a Lumia it is "the best with little compromises." There are a lot of Lumia's that I wouldn't even consider for myself. I also think that if someone is looking for a Windows phone they should look at all that are available to them and compare features, then pick the one that they think is a good fit for their needs.
Well tthankfully we have various lumias that give pele variety. As I said the market has spoken and chosen Lumia much like they choose galaxy for android. :)

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Here is the reality at work...we are an iPhone/Windows Phone shop. I've lost 4 people to the iPhone6 from Windows Phone, mainly due to the lack of a flagship model. They wanted the ICON but it was cancelled, so they went iPhone6. They miss the live tiles but they are content. Me, I am ready for a Verizon based update to the 1020. That is what I want...I'm not ready to bolt to iPhone...and I am somewhat hopeful we may see Windows 10 for phone late January if we are lucky via the Dev. Preview...I still am also hopeful we will get Cyan for the ICON...got to remain positive, eh?

As much as I would love to see Windows 10 for Phone in the developer preview I honestly don't think that we will realistically see a developer preview till the Microsoft Build conference or after like they've done in the past for Windows and Windows Phone IMO. So really I don't expect anything as far as that till April/May 2015. As far as the main topic of this discussion the only way that I would leave my ICON is if I switched carriers to AT&T or T-Mobile. I wouldn't touch the One M8 if it was the last phone on the planet. I love the ICON's camera too much to do that, but then again what do you expect from someone who's an amateur photographer.
CodeGunnerDevelopment

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
As much as I would love to see Windows 10 for Phone in the developer preview I honestly don't think that we will realistically see a developer preview till the Microsoft Build conference or after like they've done in the past for Windows and Windows Phone IMO. So really I don't expect anything as far as that till April/May 2015. As far as the main topic of this discussion the only way that I would leave my ICON is if I switched carriers to AT&T or T-Mobile. I wouldn't touch the One M8 if it was the last phone on the planet. I love the ICON's camera too much to do that, but then again what do you expect from someone who's an amateur photographer.
CodeGunnerDevelopment
Very nice :)

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had an upgrade available for two months. And my contract is up in one month.

The reasons I haven't gone for the HTC M8 are: 1.) I love my Icon way too much to abandon it. 2.) I'm likely going to AT&T when my contract is up due to how poorly Verizon has treated their WP users. So it'd be a bit silly for me to re-sign a contract.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks...just need to be patient and HOPEFUL Verizon will get another Flagship...I'd buy an unlocked phone of another model if they worked with Verizon which they really do not..

Maybe Microsoft will do something like Google did with the Nexus 6; a single unlocked device for all 5 US carriers, and 3 of them are CDMA. That would be ideal! As far as I know the Nexus 6 is the first device in history to be able to do that.

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I switched to the M8 and it is a good phone but already I am looking for the next Windows phone to be released by Verizon. I have no loyalties to the makers, just the phone that can sport the current Windows OS with no delays and runs well. I don't care if it is a flagship or not. I can edge up every 8 months and intend to do so with whoever releases a desirable phone that works on Verizon with the latest bells and whistles (actually I am hoping for a bigger phone, 5.5" vs. 4.7" or 5"). I couldn't wait on hopes, wishes, prayers, rumors, and promises for cyan now to be denim to be released for the Icon to fix the issues I was having with the DP. (Though I really do miss that camera)
Anyways it is 2015 and I am hoping for some great Windows phone releases and hopefully to Verizon. If not I may have to consider moving to another carrier that is more Windows phone friendly...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon