Lumia Denim on Lumia Icon

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I solved my Lumia Icon wait for Denim frustration by getting a Motorola Droid Turbo and joining the Waiting for Lollipop Update line! Same crap on alternative devices when you have a Verizon linked phone!

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I solved my Lumia Icon wait for Denim frustration by getting a Motorola Droid Turbo and joining the Waiting for Lollipop Update line! Same crap on alternative devices when you have a Verizon linked phone!

I got my dad a Moto X and it updated to Lollipop while we were still in the store, pretty cool.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
It'll be close. I'll tell you this, though...I'm in no big hurry to install Windows 10 just yet especially if we don't have Denim. A bit too risky with such an early build.

I feel the same I'm a little cautious using WP10 with year old firmware as my everyday phone especially since I just started a new semester at college and I depend on my phone a lot especially the calendar to keep track of upcoming exams/assignments, I don't need my phone flaking out I got enough other things to worry about

hopefully we will get Denim before the WP10 DP but unfortunately the last year dealing with Verizon and the Icon gives me little hope we will be getting Denim anytime soon :straight:

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
From what I gathered from the presentation yesterday, Verizon WP's will have to get 8.1 before going to W10. They specifically stated that W10 will come to WP8.1 devices only. Nothing was mentioned about WP8 devices getting the upgrade to W10.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Note how that was worded....Can get Windows 10, not WILL get Windows 10. Big difference.

Cool so the technical preview drops in February then should be official by the summer.

Now if Verizon Wireless actually updates the ICON to the official Windows 10 is a WHOLE different story. They could pull the "discontinued phone, no more support" crap....

With the hassle of getting #Cyan or even #Denim, does anyone here actually think that Verizon will release Windows 10 for the ICON now that it's no longer available from Verizon for a long time now ?

Let's just say, I would not hold my breath for it...

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Note how that was worded....Can get Windows 10, not WILL get Windows 10. Big difference.

Now if Verizon Wireless actually updates the ICON to the official Windows 10 is a WHOLE different story. They could pull the "discontinued phone, no more support" crap....

With the hassle of getting #Cyan or even #Denim, does anyone here actually think that Verizon will release Windows 10 for the ICON now that it's no longer available from Verizon for a long time now ?

Let's just say, I would not hold my breath for it...

we will be lucky to get Denim, getting WP 10 from Verizon seems to be a "when Hell freezes over" possibility

assuming we do eventually get Denim afterword I expect zero support from VZ for the Icon

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
we will be lucky to get Denim, getting WP 10 from Verizon seems to be a "when Hell freezes over" possibility

assuming we do eventually get Denim afterword I expect zero support from VZ for the Icon

Just like 8.1, all phones will at least get the WP 10 preview or insiders or whatever they will call it, it's up to the carriers to send out the official version. So i would be happy staying on the preview until the next Verizon flagship phone comes out. I know people will laugh at that but i foresee a Microsoft branded WP sometime this year from Verizon.

I can dream anyway...

ericgrover

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
VZW Support just told me that Denim for the Icon has been delayed due to problems found in testing. Here is an excerpt from my chat transcript.
Will: Still digging - so far, the info I'm seeing shows me January 2015, I'm seeing if I can find something more specific, so thank you for hanging in there!
Visitor: thanks. I can wait.
Will: Thank you so much - I'm still digging, haven't left you!
Visitor: no problem
Will: What I'm finding is, you're not alone in this...I'm just looking for a status from that team that releases the updates...
Visitor: thanks
Will: You're welcome. Almost done...
Will: Okay, so I did locate something - there's a canned statement, but honestly, I'm not going to give you that, because (correct me if I'm wrong) you don't strike me as the kind of person who wants a copy/paste answer, so here's what I can say:
Will: There were issues identified during testing, resulting in postponing the release. Due to those issues, there isn't a release date that can be given until testing is finished. The idea here is that we want to make sure a working software is released, not anything that's going to cause problems for you.
Visitor: ok
Visitor: is that all the info you can find then?
Visitor: they don't have estimated new date?
Visitor: just that its "postponed"?
Will: They do not - I promise, if there were I would definitely have provided it for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes