ATT on Icon and 822 Mystery

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a Icon and 822. Both have been upgraded to Denim. The Icon will not allow the use of ATT for data. The 822 works great and allows data up to 4G but of course with no LTE. Both phones are set up exactly alike with the same APN settings. I have no answer for why one works and the other does not.

Creeto

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
You have to change settings. Search the forum and youll find several ways to get it working. Mine is working and mms is working . If you lucky to live in a city that supports certain LTE bands , LTE will work. I was able to get 22mbps LTE on att in Chicago multiple areas Southside and Northside.

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
You have to change settings. Search the forum and youll find several ways to get it working. Mine is working and mms is working . If you lucky to live in a city that supports certain LTE bands , LTE will work. I was able to get 22mbps LTE on att in Chicago multiple areas Southside and Northside.

Thanks for the input. I have tried most of the settings listed on this site....but will double check if I missed anything !

Creeto

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
For data and mms :
Go to cellular and sim.
Tap on sim settings
Change the sim 1 name to wap.cingular
Turn on manual
Tap on edit
Apn field - pta
Username- leave blank
Password - leave blank
Proxy sever - proxy.mobile.att.net
Proxy port - 80
Test- didn't work
Downloaded system pusher app in store
Installed access point
Went to access point - said not supported only earlier versions
Tested mms- it works.

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Making good progress. This afternoon got MMS to work in addition to voice etc. I did a total reset just to be sure there was not some old configuration causing the problem. Still not getting data which is strange...but when time permits this coming week....will try to play around and see what may be causing the problem. Thanks again for all your help....I really appreciate it !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes