[ICON] Camera crashing please help?

That_lumia_guy

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello I have the Nokia Lumia icon with windows phone 8.1 denim and whenever I open the Lumia camera app its a black screen but the buttons are visible same thing with the front and back plz let me know ASAP thx

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
This happened with my L1020 several times, and I think the solution is the same for the Icon - restart your phone, then launch the camera (any camera app) once the phone gets back to the start screen.

Let us know if this works and welcome to Windows Central.

nTrud3r

May 2, 2015
Visit site
Your camera driver might of failed to start or glitched (thinking out loud)
Reboot and see if that fixes anything

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'll try thanks .... Seems like alot but ill try thanks again :)

Installing the additional keyboard won't take too long... around 15-30 minutes with a good internet connection (just choose to install a "small" language for the keyboard).

The Lumia Software Recovery Tool is more complicated, though.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Sent you message. It looks like a hardware defect rather than a software defect and needs to be repaired in the service center. But the service center may take too long so you could buy any other device that would make you more comfortable and which you feel is more reliable. Please do note, however, that hardware failures are always possible with any device manufacturer, no matter how "prestigious" the brand may be.

Have a look at the Lumia 640 (or the 640 XL) and the capabilities of the Lumia Camera 5.0 in this link first, before deciding to change brands. I've been to trips as well, and my girlfriend has the iPhone 5s... but I still like the shots taken with my Lumia more than the iPhone.

I hope you will be able to get a working camera (or phone with a camera) before your field trip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes