Whatsapp issues in Nokia XL

mil_vid

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey all!!!

Nokia X or XL users must be finding difficulties in using whatsapp today.. No updates from third party app stores like 1Mobile and since morning it's showing, "The device doesn't support".. Has anyone found the solution for this problem?:straight:

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
no offense but isn't this supposed to be post in android central....

Agree

Nokia X series are android base Phone. Maybe you find good answer on android central rather than here. It may be more relevant if you go there. Even Nokia X series are unique still they base are jelly bean and you couldn't get a usefull feedback from here

Well if you need advice try to reinstall the app. Try also download from other mirror. Nokia store/Whatsapp site/Google play. Do not root your phone it make you phone less protected not mentioned it void warranty.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
He's posting in the right sub-forum you guys. He's using a Nokia device that runs Microsoft services, does he really deserve this type of response from you?

None of the responses were offensive and they directed him to a site that might have users with a better understanding of his problem. The second guy went ahead to offer a suggestion(which is similar to the advice I would give the OP-try reinstalling the app and do not root your phone cause it voids the warranty)

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
None of the responses were offensive and they directed him to a site that might have users with a better understanding of his problem. The second guy went ahead to offer a suggestion(which is similar to the advice I would give the OP-try reinstalling the app and do not root your phone cause it voids the warranty)
This is the Nokia XL sub-forum, he's asking for help with his Nokia XL. There's nothing wrong with him asking his question here. As for telling him not to root his phone.. why would anyone even mention that? Why would he root his phone over a WhatsApp problem?

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
This is the Nokia XL sub-forum, he's asking for help with his Nokia XL. There's nothing wrong with him asking his question here. As for telling him not to root his phone.. why would anyone even mention that? Why would he root his phone over a WhatsApp problem?

Wait what exactly is your problem with the responses? So he was redirected to another site, wasn't that done in a polite way? Even doctors redirect patients to other doctors. I don't get what your complaint is about. The second commenter redirected him but offered a solution(what he felt was a solution to the problem). If anything, you are the only one that has not offered help to the OP(you haven't contributed to solving his problem) as every other person that replied to the OP has...

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Do you have any better idea? And this may nokia XL subforum. You may ask post whatever related about nokia XL device.if you post about device review in general, in general microsoft service running there. Or the experienxe of nokia service using that device compared to lumia series that make sense. But I think it would be more relevant if apps and system related problem were asked to android central. Even the default UI store ect are diffrent the base still android. You may find more helpfull advice rather than here. Most people here using windows phone so we can't really give advice about this

Just though as we here are chemist expert while you ask about physic. We may be able to answer few basic question but not as good as Physic expert does

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
[INFO]This will be the last post not directly related to the OP's problem.[/INFO]

The OP was absolutely correct to post his/her question here. It is also correct that the OP may get better answers on Android central. Let's leave it at that.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I was purchase the XL yesterday and seller tell me on this Nokia XL all android apps supported but when I m download the whatsapp its say to me whatsapp not supportable ur device...
WTF ????
If xl is supported alandoidid app Then why it is not supported whatsapp ???

Chandansss

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi friend,
Please follow the below steps, hope it will resolve your issue and you will also be able to use whatsapp like others-
1- fully unstall the whatsapp from your mobile. Goto Settings > Apps > manage apps > select whatsapp to unstall fully.
2-download WhatsApp 2.11.238 again from 1Mobile Market and it would be around 14MB file and install it properly.
3-Goto your home page > here you will be able to see whatsapp icon > do not open it > Long press the whatsapp icon > two widget icon will be displayed on the below of the home page > click on the right side widget > it will open widget page > scroll down >

4-select whatsapp tile showing msgs (not the original whatsapp icon) > now it will move to home page with the whatsapp widget > do not open the original whatsapp icon > Now here is a trick, if u tap at the white msg area of the icon u will again get a "device not supported" msg but if u tap the green header of the tile contacting whatsapp icon....then you will be redirected to the whatsappp home and can see your mesages.

Thankx,
Chandan Singh

Lokesh Bohra

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
first : Install 1mobile
Second : download whatsapp from 1mobile
third : after install:cool: giving msg. to someone and do uninstall
forth : after this download Whatsapp plus from google... and install it...

that's it ... Enjoy

Riz Sal

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
hi ,

i too got issues using whatsapp in nokia xl .:-(
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
how to solve this

If anyone in Dubai or Sharjah wants to use Whatsapp in their Nokia X fones, I can install it for them..add me on Whatsapp 056 1071180,,,in the first msg anyone sends me, please type,,Whatsapp needed on my Nokia X mobile phone Please...peace out...

Mohammed Sheikh

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Bro,
whatsapp version 2.11.238 download & this is work properly for u r guide line according. but this version update

What will work after updating Whatspp

Please Tell me Sir

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes