You do realise that over here in the UK that most people start out with 4 weeks vacation right? That's no including any public (what we call Bank) holidays.
    Yes, painfully aware of that tidbit :-) Now stop gloating and rubbing salt on our wounds.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-16-2014 09:13 AM
    Haha. Rub it in nice and deep. I get no holidays except Christmas and thanksgiving. No holiday pay. No overtime (I'm salary)....

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/16/ny2a6ege.jpg

Sent from space using Tapatalk.
    I am salaried too and no comp time for travel on weekends :-( But work is good and my boss takes good care of his team.
    04-16-2014 09:14 AM
    Screen protectors are great friends in situations like that. I traded an iPod touch once for a G. Nexus - the guy at the time just bought a N4 and wanted an iPod. That thing had three of the biggest cracks ever, so bad that if you jostled it too hard, it would shatter. I threw a screen protector on, and it lasted another 6 months worth of use (used it at home as a tablet).

Moral of the story, don't be a cheapass when you buy an expensive smartphone not to put a screen protector on it when cracks start to surface.
    I recently acquired a Nexus 4 and will be replacing the back cover next week once it arrives from China :-) Pics to follow.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-16-2014 09:16 AM
    you have to be smart or have the determination to work on a PHD ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
    PhD = piled high & deep:-P Just kidding, I didn't care to get it, my advisor and my mother were the two people rally disappointed. I don't think I would be in the current job that I have if I got my doctorate :-)
    04-16-2014 09:18 AM
    Dang I wish we had vendors her like that ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    There are vendors like that here as well;-)
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-16-2014 09:19 AM
    Now if only they can get a 810 successor ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I think a better desire is for them to refarm their frequencies so we can use unlocked ATT devices on T-No.
    MSFTisMIA and Septembersrain like this.
    04-16-2014 09:21 AM
    One is 4GB the other is 1GB both have 'branding' on them. The vendors give them to me. I don't need them. :/
    Thanks but I have to pass. I think I need a 8GB+ stick to back up Windows 8.1. If that isn't the case I'll let you know.
    04-16-2014 09:22 AM
    PhD = piled high & deep:-P Just kidding, I didn't care to get it, my advisor and my mother were the two people rally disappointed. I don't think I would be in the current job that I have if I got my doctorate :-)
    Nobody really cared if I do it or not. But studying biology is stupid anyway, it really doesn't matter whether there's a PhD or not ;-)

But luckily it's fun.
    04-16-2014 09:23 AM
    Time to switch to GiffGaff:-)
    Nope. :/

I've heard too many complaints.
    04-16-2014 09:24 AM
    Thanks but I have to pass. I think I need a 8GB+ stick to back up Windows 8.1. If that isn't the case I'll let you know.
    No worries. They're not going anywhere. :P They're sitting on my desk. :P
    04-16-2014 09:25 AM
    And as you would say, that is why we have options :-) Time to fast using Nokia Mix Radio:-)
    Tried it, didn't like it. So I'm stuck waiting for 8.1.1. I've got the music i like on my 8X so there is no way I'm putting the 8.1 preview on it.
    04-16-2014 09:28 AM
    Nope. :/

I've heard too many complaints.
    Yes time to switch to giffgaff I have had no issues with them.
    04-16-2014 09:29 AM
    Now if only they can get a 810 successor ๐Ÿ˜‰
    That's the 635.
    04-16-2014 09:29 AM
    I want to get a work visa and go to another country. I think getting out of the US would be good for me in both a learning and growing way.

I'd really like to go to Japan but.. Any other great countries that don't make it impossible for foreigners to work in?
    I would have said Switzerland, but oh well...

I don't think anybody from outside the EU and who isn't really interested in European politics will get this joke.
    04-16-2014 09:32 AM
    Yes time to switch to giffgaff I have had no issues with them.
    I wanted to say that I remember BigP having GiffGaff:-)
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-16-2014 09:33 AM
    That's the 635.
    I think Sahib meant something in the 8xx series :-)
    04-16-2014 09:34 AM
    I want to get a work visa and go to another country. I think getting out of the US would be good for me in both a learning and growing way.

I'd really like to go to Japan but.. Any other great countries that don't make it impossible for foreigners to work in?

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.
    Denmark, Germany, Netherlands - I am listing places where I have had a potential job offer:-)
    Septembersrain likes this.
    04-16-2014 09:35 AM

I've forgotten. Are you under 30?
    04-16-2014 09:36 AM
    I didn't. Shoot.
    It's complicated and boring to explain. There was a national referendum and the Swiss decided to end free movement of foreign people from EU countries. Which causes quite some problems now for everybody. The entire referendum was based on xenophobia and the incomprehensible fear of losing our wealth.
    04-16-2014 09:36 AM

The UK government are currently all about giving jobs to foreigners :)
    04-16-2014 09:39 AM
    I'm turning 30 this year in September.

There's the option of studying abroad unless you have some unique skill. In most countries (except Canada) you have the option to work during study, though it's limited. Also the option to work after study is available depending on the degree.
    04-16-2014 09:39 AM
    The UK government are currently all about giving jobs to foreigners :)
    It's not that bad. :P They are putting things is place to make it less attractive.
    04-16-2014 09:40 AM
    I'm turning 30 this year in September.

Snap on both counts! Maybe were twins separated at birth lol jk
    04-16-2014 09:41 AM
    That sounds like a mess. I've never felt the desire to go to Switzerland though. Japan, China, Korea are the countries I'd love to work/visit in.
    That's okay, in turn people from there come to visit Switzerland :D
    That sounds like a mess. I've never felt the desire to go to Switzerland though. Japan, China, Korea are the countries I'd love to work/visit in.

Become an English tutor. You don't even need to be a teacher just get a recognized qualification.
144,428 ... 21652166216721682169 ...