I'm having fun annoying all the whining people complaining about the MS acquisition of Nokia
    Ooo where? let me know which one of the gazillion whinge threads you are commenting in.
    09-05-2013 09:29 AM
    There are just so many. Especially the heartbreak one. Just... wow.

I never knew people treasured the Nokia name so much! I mean I really like Nokia - it was my first phone, but still...
    BIGPADDY and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-05-2013 09:36 AM
    Ooo where? let me know which one of the gazillion whinge threads you are commenting in.
    I'm only on a couple of threads:

This one is funny
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...-petition.html

The 'main' thread
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...ions-here.html

This was just silly
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...8/240192-2.htm

And this one
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/off...e/240135-3.htm
    09-05-2013 09:42 AM
    The thing that get me is the phones aren't all that great. They break incredibly easily and the threads on faults from new just screams bad Q&A measures. Im actually looking forward to seeing phones released with nokia design influences and tech mixed with the same quality that you get from MS. I mean the surface RT and Pro may not be everyones favourite tablets but those things can take a beating.
    09-05-2013 09:43 AM
    They've all gone quiet though....
    09-05-2013 09:43 AM
    The thing that get me is the phones aren't all that great. They break incredibly easily and the threads on faults from new just screams bad Q&A measures. Im actually looking forward to seeing phones released with nokia design influences and tech mixed with the same quality that you get from MS. I mean the surface RT and Pro may not be everyones favourite tablets but those things can take a beating.
    Yes I have a similar feeling about the Lumia range. Though the 920 is a brick. I've been trying to sort out what is hardware fault and what is software and firmware. Bit of a mess but they devices were rushed.

I think MS will add quality but I think most people like the look, feel of Lumia and 'remember' Nokia as a good handset maker.
    09-05-2013 09:45 AM
    They've all gone quiet though....
    Wont be for long - ive just written a rather troll like comment in one of the threads that's bound to stir some up
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-05-2013 09:57 AM
    Wont be for long - ive just written a rather troll like comment in one of the threads that's bound to stir some up
    Found it and like/thanked it :)
    09-05-2013 10:03 AM
    Found it and like/thanked it :)
    Its a bit of a harsh comment but what else am I supposed to do with my time...

Work??
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-05-2013 10:06 AM

I never knew people treasured the Nokia name so much! I mean I really like Nokia - it was my first phone, but still...
    Emotional attach to a company (shakes head).....
    09-05-2013 10:07 AM
    Emotional attach to a company (shakes head).....
    You can attach hate to a company quite easily - I hate Sony for example and Apple

But if you hate something the other extreme must be true so love for a company is perfectly acceptable.

Its not a proper emotion though as I don't believe you can, or should have emotional attachments to inanimate objects

Outpouring of emotions over something inanimate is wrong - its like writing a suicide note because your blow up doll got a puncture.
    N_LaRUE and Muessig like this.
    09-05-2013 10:14 AM
    outpouring of emotions over something inanimate is wrong - its like writing a suicide note because your blow up doll got a puncture.
    lol! Or your 'Real Doll' broke?
    BIGPADDY and martinmc78 like this.
    09-05-2013 10:17 AM
    You can attach hate to a company quite easily - I hate Sony for example and Apple

But if you hate something the other extreme must be true so love for a company is perfectly acceptable.

Its not a proper emotion though as I don't believe you can, or should have emotional attachments to inanimate objects

Outpouring of emotions over something inanimate is wrong - its like writing a suicide note because your blow up doll got a puncture.
    SONY the best company in the world and AWESOME AT THE SAME TIME!
    09-05-2013 10:20 AM
    I'm emotionally attach to SONY, I would be more attach if they released a WP device
    09-05-2013 10:26 AM
    Do you have a link stating that? I thought they had it for the next 10 years. I expect it to go prior to that but I don't see a reason why they wouldn't use it for a bit first.
    MS has only 'purchased' the brands Lumia and Asha. The Nokia name remains with the current company which will focus on mapping and other stuff. We will still have Lumias and Ashas. The phone and the packaging will say Microsoft.
    09-05-2013 10:30 AM

I will miss it. I am actually fast forwarding my purchase for the next phone to early next year, just so that i can be a Nokia customer for two more years.
    09-05-2013 10:33 AM
    How does one troll? I have been commenting on online forums for 10 years, but i don't know how to troll. /serious/.
    09-05-2013 10:34 AM
    How does one troll? I have been commenting on online forums for 10 years, but i don't know how to troll. /serious/.
    Hmm - trolling is basically writing a comment in order to illicit a negative reaction from other users.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-05-2013 10:37 AM
    Well there still a Nokia for maps. :P
    09-05-2013 10:39 AM
    Hmm - trolling is basically writing a comment in order to illicit a negative reaction from other users.
    You forgot the word - purposely
    09-05-2013 10:40 AM
    MS has only 'purchased' the brands Lumia and Asha. The Nokia name remains with the current company which will focus on mapping and other stuff. We will still have Lumias and Ashas. The phone and the packaging will say Microsoft.
    Nope, the Nokia name is part of that package but I did find an article if you look back one or two pages on here that explains they're going to drop it rather quickly, along with Lumia.
    09-05-2013 10:41 AM
    And Nokia Siemens network
    Troll comment example:

Sony suck. Their entire line of products is poorly made and guaranteed to break one week out of warranty - the CEO's are all smug, sliver spoon fed college boys with no clue of how to create anything new or inventive and are willing to brainwash the consumers into thinking they are great while removing all your rights as a consumer as you use their products.

This sort of comment - while my true feeling on Sony would definitely illicit a negative response from a Sony fan like BP.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    Nope, the Nokia name is part of that package but I did find an article if you look back one or two pages on here that explains they're going to drop it rather quickly, along with Lumia.
    Drop it like a bomb....
    09-05-2013 10:42 AM
    Troll comment example:

Sony suck. Their entire line of products is poorly made and guaranteed to break one week out of warranty - the CEO's are all smug, sliver spoon fed college boys with no clue of how to create anything new or inventive and are willing to brainwash the consumers into thinking they are great while removing all your rights as a consumer as you use their products.

This sort of comment - while my true feeling on Sony would definitely illicit a negative response from a Sony fan like BP.
    SONY THE WORLD LEADERS IN ENTRAINMENT, FILMS, PS4, MOBILES AND HAS OTHER AREAS TO DIVE INTO!!!

They will not become broke like the rest of them HTC, Blackberry they have innovation in every area and are expanding back to there FULL GLORY!!!

SONY WILL BE KING ONCE MORE!!!!

SONY MUSIC IS ONE OF THE BEST SERVICES AND HEADPHONES!!!!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-05-2013 10:46 AM
142,723 ... 219220221222223 ...