But they have yet to prove if they will back this phone running wp.

I really think that not making a flagship WP since 2012 that they have gotten better with WP, and Microsoft is working with them better.
    08-20-2014 06:11 PM
    Look the m8 is the one of best phones for WP. But if they don't update the phone past 8.1.1 then its worthless to me. At least Nokia updates their core apps and services. That's what my 810 runs nice and bug free
    sent from my rare cyan nokia lumia 810
    08-20-2014 06:11 PM
    I really think that not making a flagship WP since 2012 that they have gotten better with WP, and Microsoft is working with them better.

Only time will tell. You can't expect people to buy a phone that hasn't proved itself in the WP arena
    08-20-2014 06:14 PM
    Look the m8 is the one of best phones for WP. But if they don't update the phone past 8.1.1 then its worthless to me. At least Nokia updates their core apps and services. That's what my 810 runs nice and bug free

Of course it will be past 8.1.1, it runs 8.1.1 now, lol.
    WanderingTraveler likes this.
    08-20-2014 06:15 PM
    Only time will tell. You can't expect people to buy a phone that hasn't proved itself in the WP arena

Hate to tell you, but many are buying this phone.
    08-20-2014 06:16 PM
    At least they have an option to disable their navigation bar.

I still don't see the option to do so on my 630.
    08-20-2014 06:16 PM
    It's hyped more than the 930 as well.

Seriously, Microsoft Mobile's offerings this year were underwhelming.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-20-2014 06:17 PM
    Anyways, why does it matter if people get the M8 WP? Lumias can't monopolize WP. This is becoming JUST like the Android situation now, where people argue which OEM is the best on Android.

Just get what you want. I'm getting what I want.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    08-20-2014 06:17 PM
    Is it just me, or the Tapatalk app and WPC app seem sluggish when typing something or replying to something with MANY characters?
    They are sluggish. And, to top it all off, the WPCentral app occasionally throws weird keyboard errors at me...
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    08-20-2014 06:18 PM
    Anyways, why does it matter if people get the M8 WP? Lumias can't monopolize WP. This is becoming JUST like the Android situation now, where people argue which OEM is the best on Android.

Are you getting the M8 for Windows Phone, then?

Argh, W8 is so much easier to type.
    08-20-2014 06:19 PM
    They are sluggish. And, to top it all off, the WPCentral app occasionally throws weird keyboard errors at me...

We need to report this to Jay
    08-20-2014 06:20 PM
    Are you getting the M8 for Windows Phone, then?

Argh, W8 is so much easier to type.

Yeah, I'm getting that.
    08-20-2014 06:20 PM
    We need to report this to Jay
    I know that.

I'm sick of having typos like this as a result:

I'm ggonna report this now.
    08-20-2014 06:26 PM
    I know that.

I'm sick of having typos like this as a result:

I'm ggonna report this now.

Thanks. Since you reported the WPC app issue, I reported the Tapatalk issue.

By the way, we are reporting the WP versions, right? Because that's what I did...
    08-20-2014 06:27 PM

It's only been one day ._. But I'm telling you I'm not interested in it. Heck ima wait if the 830 gets updates more than 2 times before I drop money on a phone.
    08-20-2014 06:27 PM
    It's only been one day ._. But I'm telling you I'm not interested in it. Heck ima wait if the 830 gets updates more than 2 times before I drop money on a phone.

I'm saying people are interested in this phone. That's all.
    08-20-2014 06:29 PM

No one is telling you not to buy it :/. People who have Lumia phones won't easily buy a HTC phone. I know I won't be changing any time soon
    08-20-2014 06:30 PM
    No one is telling you not to buy it :/. People who have Lumia phones won't easily buy a HTC phone. I know I won't be changing any time soon

I never said you did, but it seems many who have Lumias are putting down this phone without even trying it. It's fine if you don't like it and don't want it, but like people in the blog comments who are very ignorant and rude, that's another.
    08-20-2014 06:32 PM
    I'm saying people are interested in this phone. That's all.

Interest ≠ buying. I can be interested in the 930 but it doesn't mean ill buy it.
    It's a good phone don't get me wrong :p but the lack of support kinda ruined it :/ and I'm sure other HTC users think the same way
    08-20-2014 06:32 PM
    Thanks. Since you reported the WPC app issue, I reported the Tapatalk issue.

By the way, we are reporting the WP versions, right? Because that's what I did...
    I'm, er, stuck on my 630 for the time being.

Still trying to replicate the error.

Whoops, already did.
    08-20-2014 06:33 PM
    I never said you did, but it seems many who have Lumias are putting down this phone without even trying it. It's fine if you don't like it and don't want it, but like people in the blog comments who are very ignorant and rude, that's another.

Well that sucks :/ already its getting out down after it was named the fastest WP in the market
    08-20-2014 06:34 PM
    Interest ≠ buying. I can be interested in the 930 but it doesn't mean ill buy it.
    It's a good phone don't get me wrong :p but the lack of support kinda ruined it :/ and I'm sure other HTC users think the same way
    While you're correct, I think HTC now has Microsoft to really assist them in updating their phones. Besides, it should get the same support cycle as One M8 for Android.

Interest can sometimes mean buying. And it's funny you are saying HTC has bad support on WPs, when they were the first to get GDR3, only stopped on 8.1.1 (they were allowed to, it's past 18 months), yet the 810 had the crappiest support ever. :P
    While you're correct, I think HTC now has Microsoft to really assist them in updating their phones. Besides, it should get the same support cycle as One M8 for Android.

Thank you!!
    08-20-2014 06:35 PM
    It's crazy. Here we are with hardware that can potential sway the tide in WP's favor, and there go people who try and tear that chance apart.

Sad, really.
    08-20-2014 06:35 PM
143,584 ... 32793280328132823283 ...