My work day is over! Gonna head back there to borrow to see the teens lead their own workshop, but I'm not spending g the whole day there.

Now let's read Sahib's 950 review...

G4 Approved
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-13-2016 05:58 PM
    My work day is over! Gonna head back there to borrow to see the teens lead their own workshop, but I'm not spending g the whole day there.

Now let's read Sahib's 950 review...

G4 Approved
    Let's see what you think about it :p
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-13-2016 06:03 PM
    Good review Sahib. A couple of suggestions:

1) Don't write this in one super long *** post to avoid the issue where it gets flagged in the system. You could have split this up into 3 long posts (especially since you had screenshots) and it worked just fine.

2) Nice call on the audio. It still is subpar on Windows Phone. The only good audio experience I've heard so far is on the M8, and well...that's understandable.

3) You should do #1 and throw this into the 950 forums. People would appreciate this as it is a really balanced review.

4) Glad you see how much MSFT screwed the pooch by overpricing these. I wanted a 950 for the same reasons as you but I'm keeping this XL as I got it on a killer deal.

All in all, nice review. If you do #3, I'd love to read a pocket now after the buzz style update (a much shorter one of course) in the fall to hear how your 950 is holding up.

G4 Approved
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-13-2016 06:08 PM
    Good review Sahib. A couple of suggestions:

1) Don't write this in one super long *** post to avoid the issue where it gets flagged in the system. You could have split this up into 3 long posts (especially since you had screenshots) and it worked just fine.

2) Nice call on the audio. It still is subpar on Windows Phone. The only good audio experience I've heard so far is on the M8, and well...that's understandable.

3) You should do #1 and throw this into the 950 forums. People would appreciate this as it is a really balanced review.

4) Glad you see how much MSFT screwed the pooch by overpricing these. I wanted a 950 for the same reasons as you but I'm keeping this XL as I got it on a killer deal.

All in all, nice review. If you do #3, I'd love to read a pocket now after the buzz style update (a much shorter one of course) in the fall to hear how your 950 is holding up.

G4 Approved
    I'll post it on the 950 thread and take your advice and break it into separate posts! I'll do a after thy buzz style update. I'll be around 6 months from now
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-13-2016 06:23 PM
    I'll post it on the 950 thread and take your advice and break it into separate posts! I'll do a after thy buzz style update. I'll be around 6 months from now
    It was a very nice read though. Good write-up.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    05-13-2016 07:03 PM
    looks like it got quite here ;P I might go on a posting spree :P
    05-13-2016 09:06 PM
    One hour and no posts from Sahib, so much for a spree😎
    05-13-2016 10:57 PM
    so I posted my review on this thread but its marked as spam :/ nvm it got fixed
    That was a good review! I like your screenshots showing the battery life, since that's a really important thing to most users.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-13-2016 11:37 PM

G4 Approved
    I like the audio on the MXPE.

I do frequently use a FiiO Q1 DAC, the HibyMusic app, and a USB OTG adapter to connect my DAC when I listen to FLAC files with headphones.

Would the 950XL support the audio setup I use?
    05-13-2016 11:42 PM
    Respect Sahib, really nice review :)
    05-14-2016 12:28 AM
    One hour and no posts from Sahib, so much for a spree
    I got distracted with my xbox. I was to focused on winning my matches ;)
    05-14-2016 12:37 AM
    I like the audio on the MXPE.

I do frequently use a FiiO Q1 DAC, the HibyMusic app, and a USB OTG adapter to connect my DAC when I listen to FLAC files with headphones.

Would the 950XL support the audio setup I use?
    I would of been glad to expand more on the audio section but I don't have the proper tools to go more in depth. What I do know is there is a thread that talks about a external DAC using USB-C
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-14-2016 12:40 AM
    Respect Sahib, really nice review :)
    Thanks. I really took my time with it and took notes along the way as I used it. I'm not a fan of the reviews that some posters post here either they aren't very helpful or just praise the device. I hope that my review helps someone chose if they want to buy it or not:)
    Sport Driver likes this.
    05-14-2016 12:43 AM
    That was a good review! I like your screenshots showing the battery life, since that's a really important thing to most users.
    I agree :p I hardly see anyone post screenshots of their battery life during the day.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-14-2016 12:58 AM
    Great review Sahib. Now I don't know how things are with the 950, I'll believe you on this one, but the audio quality on headphones is more than great on my 640. I have a cheap 15$ headphones and the music sounded equally good, or maybe a bit better than on S6.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-14-2016 02:51 AM
    Guess who's OFF for the next two days....

This guy! *points thumbs at chest*
    Ed, do you like Metallica?

Have you ever tried playing older Metallica songs like "Damage, Inc"? If so, isn't it hard to play so fast with only downstrokes like Hetfield does?
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-14-2016 03:25 AM
    I guess it's a bit worse in England than in other countries, traffic wise. They don't pause at winter, so you're stuck with that traffic untill summer
    Just imagine what it's like in Germany where they have the biggest turn ups on games in Europe.
    I live in the second most dense populace place in England. The football park is about 1/2 mile or 1km from where I live. The fans are very fanatical and you can hear the crowds from miles away. Especially on a nice day.

The roads are very busy here typically. Add in the football crowd and the going to the seafront crowd and things get out of hand.

I was mostly annoyed because it was on a week day. It's usually a Saturday. Getting home is a long enough journey without the added traffic. That's all.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 05-14-2016 at 05:05 AM.
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    05-14-2016 04:09 AM
    Good review sahib. My opinion on the 950 is unchanged really.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    05-14-2016 04:10 AM
    Good review sahib. My opinion on the 950 is unchanged really.
    No surprise there...
    05-14-2016 08:52 AM
    Good morning everyone.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-14-2016 09:24 AM
    I'm off to brave the LA traffic. See you all in the evening.
    05-14-2016 09:24 AM
    I'm off to brave the LA traffic. See you all in the evening.
    Good luck with that.
    05-14-2016 09:36 AM
    Morning folks. I'm headed to work to support the teen peer educators for their workshop today.
    05-14-2016 09:37 AM
    Great review Sahib. Now I don't know how things are with the 950, I'll believe you on this one, but the audio quality on headphones is more than great on my 640. I have a cheap 15$ headphones and the music sounded equally good, or maybe a bit better than on S6.

I cant say much about the 640 since I don't play with my fathers phone. What I do know is Lumia phones have always lacked in audio quality using headphones :/
    05-14-2016 10:39 AM
    HTC almost nailed it this year with the HTC 10 this year...it's a little too expensive. I do like it though...fondled one in the Verizon store and was very impressed.
    05-14-2016 03:14 PM
143,692 ... 49404941494249434944 ...