WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I think for me, the hardest thing has been to find a replacement for the Xperia Z3. It had it all: water resistance, magnetic fast charging, a fine headphone jack, stereo speakers micro SD, nice looks, good battery life, timely updates, fast performance and a very solid camera. Since then: the G4 and Lumia 950 has been the closest - yet they've all been missing things. The 950 lacked water resistance; the G4 - water resistance and wireless charging.

It's just been a pain, really. Don't like being pigeonholed. Never considered myself a nerd or a spec junkie - just a better than average consumer. I'm sure the V35/G7 will be short on battery, the Mate 10 will be on wireless charge and audio, as Huawei jacks are so-so.

It just plain sucks.

It does sound like a pain for sure. I hope that you'll be able to get a workable solution down the line.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It does sound like a pain for sure. I hope that you'll be able to get a workable solution down the line.
Mate 10 right now is the closest, except for the updates, average jack and no wireless charge.

The one device fits all is dead.

P.S. if I were able to stomac the software, Samsung from a hardware perspective has been dead on to what I want for the past few years.

Why not Samsung? Software and they haven't solved the battery life riddle to my liking yet. LG's battery life is just as bad, but they've had me from the jack + wide angle lens.

It's not easy. Sigh.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Mate 10 right now is the closest, except for the updates, average jack and no wireless charge.

The one device fits all is dead.

P.S. if I were able to stomac the software, Samsung from a hardware perspective has been dead on to what I want for the past few years.

Why not Samsung? Software and they haven't solved the battery life riddle to my liking yet. LG's battery life is just as bad, but they've had me from the jack + wide angle lens.

It's not easy. Sigh.

I figured as much with Samsung and so true, it's not. It sucks that there aren't better choices. Do you think that if the Nokia phones were available here (I mean the non midrangers, that is), would it put you a little bit closer to this combo you seek?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I figured as much with Samsung and so true, it's not. It sucks that there aren't better choices. Do you think that if the Nokia phones were available here (I mean the non midrangers, that is), would it put you a little bit closer to this combo you seek?
I think that HMD Global missed the boat with the Nokia 8 and the 8 Sirocco.

Conceptually, the stock Android experience that's cheaper than the Pixel was the right play. I just didn't think that flagship wise they executed it. The 8 is a nice phone - I'd try one at the right price. The problem was that the camera experience seemed to be so-so. Not sure if the Pro camera app helped that much.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I think that HMD Global missed the boat with the Nokia 8 and the 8 Sirocco.

Conceptually, the stock Android experience that's cheaper than the Pixel was the right play. I just didn't think that flagship wise they executed it. The 8 is a nice phone - I'd try one at the right price. The problem was that the camera experience seemed to be so-so. Not sure if the Process app helped that much.

Hm, that's fair. I don't disagree on any of the points you said. I'm a fan of the concept but basically what you said lol. Since you mentioned that, that kind of has me thinking of the G7 One, which seems interesting to me. Shame that it isn't coming here.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hm, that's fair. I don't disagree on any of the points you said. I'm a fan of the concept but basically what you said lol. Since you mentioned that, that kind of has me thinking of the G7 One, which seems interesting to me. Shame that it isn't coming here.
G7 One feels like a shortcut. LG really needs to sit down and streamline its offerings. The recent variants off the G and V series have been too messy. Needlessly so too.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Sounds like you hit a roadblock.

(Gets popcorn to ready to see how she'll navigate this)

I have.

In short, I have learned that my mom feels a certain kind of way about him (I was grilled about this possible bf on the way to a bridal shower we had to go to, as she was sure that I had a guy) because of certain flags according to her, which I have already thought about. One of them was silly to me, as it doesn't make sense, but I can get the other two, kind of.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I have.

In short, I have learned that my mom feels a certain kind of way about him (I was grilled about this possible bf on the way to a bridal shower we had to go to, as she was sure that I had a guy) because of certain flags according to her, which I have already thought about. One of them was silly to me, as it doesn't make sense, but I can get the other two, kind of.
Isn't it annoying when mom's smell out your love life? Lol. That's what mom's do, I suppose.

Well, now that you've hit the road block, I'm sure everyone (most importantly you) are curious as to how you'll handle it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

as she was sure that I had a guy) because of certain flags according to her,
Let me guess. You've been walking around with a certain giddiness, suppressed appetite and incessant giggling without the aid of grass. I think even Stevie Wonder could spot that :smile:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Isn't it annoying when mom's smell out your love life? Lol. That's what mom's do, I suppose.

Well, now that you've hit the road block, I'm sure everyone (most importantly you) are curious as to how you'll handle it.

Yep it is. Well, true possibly. It's still early and I'm not a fan of the idea of having others in my ear at this point in time but it couldn't be avoided. Also, I'm not even close to my mom at all, I have never been.

Yeah, I felt conflicted about what to do (not related to the flags but other things she said that I don't feel comfortable sharing publicly), but throughout the rest of the day, he has said things or showed me reasons (without him knowing that he was doing it) why I like him so much. The reasons why she isn't a fan is because of physical things and not because of the man he is or his character or the way he treats me, which is silly, so I plan to continue on. If things end (I hope they don't, of course but I'm just saying), it should be from our own accord and not hers.

I have a sibling that regrets listening to my parents as it has made them lose years of their life going in the direction that they think they should go, over the one they meant to go. I don't want to go through the same thing.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yep it is. Well, true possibly. It's still early and I'm not a fan of the idea of having others in my ear at this point in time but it couldn't be avoided. Also, I'm not even close to my mom at all, I have never been.

Yeah, I felt conflicted about what to do (not related to the flags but other things she said that I don't feel comfortable sharing publicly), but throughout the rest of the day, he has said things or showed me reasons (without him knowing that he was doing it) why I like him so much. The reasons why she isn't a fan is because of physical things and not because of the man he is or his character or the way he treats me, which is silly, so I plan to continue on. If things end (I hope they don't, of course but I'm just saying), it should be from our own accord and not hers.

I have a sibling that regrets listening to my parents as it has made them lose years of their life going in the direction that they think they should go, over the one they meant to go. I don't want to go through the same thing.
It's one of the hardest things to navigate. Perhaps this might help...

https://youtu.be/7hx4gdlfamo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes