WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

What happened to these cheap Chinese manufacturers?

I guess they don't see themselves like that anymore?

Makes me think of Hyundai cars.
Huawei is the #3 manufacturer in the world, despite no true presence in the US. They want to be #1 , so they gonna charge big boy prices for what they're selling in the high end market.

While I agree that the Mate 20 line has a lot of features, that price is still chicken**** and not worth it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In no small part because of Stormy's pee buddy.
Actually, Huawei has a habit of doing some shady **** that "old Dolt 45" (figured you'd like that) would be proud of. Cheating on speed tests, using fake reviews to inflate praise of devices (Mate 10 Pro, using DLSR pictures in ads (Mate 10 Pro, P20) and claming those are high end camera samples, bull**** policies surrounding locking bootloaders (all new Honor/Hauwei phones) and software updates (Honor 8), calling the Honor Play a gaming phone when it really isn't (more shady marketing)...shall I continue?

All that signals insecurities to me. I like their hardware (Honor 8, Honor View 10, Mate 9/Porsche, Mate 10/Pro/Porsche, Mate RS). Would I use them as a daily driver? Sure. Am I comfortable with their needless sleaziness? Nope.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So the work fruit slipped out of the holster and slid halfway down a hill NYC street. The micro scratches were impressive (should have taken one with the screen off).

This is why I dislike iPhone screen protectors. The screen protector did it's job, but because it wasn't edge to edge, of course I developed a corner crack. SMH.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Actually, Huawei has a habit of doing some shady **** that "old Dolt 45" (figured you'd like that) would be proud of.
I wasn't aware that a Dolt 45 came with a snub nose barrel until Ms. Clifford shared her experiences with a nauseated country.

To your Huawei points, how many ordinary Joes do you think are aware of their s****y policies? How many readers on this site, much less John Q. Public, do you think even know what an unlocked bootloader is or what it is capable of achieving? BTW, I think I've mentioned before how much I enjoyed the Mate 9 but thoroughly disliked EMUI. Kickass hardware especially the Kirin processors if you ask me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I wasn't aware that a Dolt 45 came with a snub nose barrel until Ms. Clifford shared her experiences with a nauseated country.

To your Huawei points, how many ordinary Joes do you think are aware of their s****y policies? How many readers on this site, much less John Q. Public, do you think even know what an unlocked bootloader is or what it is capable of achieving? BTW, I think I've mentioned before how much I enjoyed the Mate 9 but thoroughly disliked EMUI. Kickass hardware especially the Kirin processors if you ask me.
Did old Dolt "come with a barrel" or "came in a barrel"? Only Dolt and the Storm knows...(drinks for who caught this.)

I know that for most people, much of my points don't matter about Huawei doesn't matter. The false advertising does, as it leads to returns. The UI isn't bad, but it's even a more acquired taste than even LG's skin (which a lot more US are used to).

The Honor 8 did OK here. Should have done better though.

But in a world of alternative facts, the minute Dolt 45 labelled them Chinese spies (guess the Russians don't make phones, so they don't spy) in the US, they're done. It's not just their phones, their other Telecom tech is getting pushback because of those fears.

Which is why until they clean up certain things, they won't get to be #1 .

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm in Best buy, daydreaming about the XZ2. This is why I don't like the approaches sales people use. I understand they need to eat too, I just don't like certain tactics.

This dude besides me says: I'm on a budget, needing something affordable with long battery life as I'm going overseas. (Doesn't sound like he plans to push the phone a lot but at need something he doesn't have to charge alot during the trip.)

Sales rep started steering the guy to a S7. The dude is like that's too expensive. Then the sales circles back again to the S7 talking about "entry level" premium it is. A $450 S7 (plus tax) in 2018? Dafuq?

At no point did he ask: "what's your budget"? He started starting the guy to Samsung J series phones because as a rep, he liked Samsung and the customer was like "that's still too expensive". He even tried to show the guy power saving modes as a sales pitch. Like THAT isn't on all Android phones.

Samsung's J series is so shamsung. They ain't great.

See, if the sales dude hasn't been lurking so hard, I'd have asked what he planned to use the phone to do. Has he used Android before. I'd send him to a Moto G6 honestly (likely the G6 Play) and leave him with some coin in pocket. Plus, if he needed to charge it faster in a pinch, it does offer the fast charging. I'd even say get the X4 cheaper if he could and that Moto radios even with Lenovo for calls are still better than Samsung cheap phones.

Stay away from me, sales people. Stay da F away.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So the work fruit slipped out of the holster and slid halfway down a hill NYC street. The micro scratches were impressive (should have taken one with the screen off).

This is why I dislike iPhone screen protectors. The screen protector did it's job, but because it wasn't edge to edge, of course I developed a corner crack. SMH.

Ugh that's so annoying!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is a 99 picture (why he's such a Pixel fan) I took yesterday.

It was shot from looking through a window on a subway platform to the street below. I purposely chose not to have the window in focus. MVIMG_20181017_183639.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon