WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So far the samples from the Pixel 3 camera are looking pretty damn good.
I will troll for one in November. This month is crazy with work travel.
See y'all next weekend.

They really are!
I think I wished you safe travels too early before, but it can be applied now.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Nope.

There are 4 I'd like to try, all 4 I can make a case for. It can be expanded to 5 when I get to check on the V40 live.

Wow, 4 phones out there that you would like to try. It's getting to the point that unless there's some gimmick I'd like to try (Moto Mods), I don't think there's anything that distinguishes itself above the fray enough to justify the prices being commanded these days. This would make even a crack-head take pause.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow, 4 phones out there that you would like to try. It's getting to the point that unless there's some gimmick I'd like to try (Moto Mods), I don't think there's anything that distinguishes itself above the fray enough to justify the prices being commanded these days. This would make even a crack-head take pause.
"Trying doesn't equate to buying."

I agree with your point 100%.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Now you tell me! Doh!
Yip.

The list has been the same: Nokia 8, Huawei Mate 10/Pro, Sony XZ2, V35/40.

I want to see how big the V40 is as I may be inclined to go the carrier route. As sated before, the Mate 10 Pro/Mix 2/V35 size is what I like for the 18:9 phones. The S9 is ok, but the battery is too small. The Note 9 and S9+ are too large.

It's why the Pixel 3 would have worked for me if the damn thing had a headphone jack. If I keep someone without the 3.5mm, I'd get a Jaybird X4 and go for water resistance. If I go for an LG/Mate 10, I'd get a Bose Soundsport wired.

Just different choices I'm sitting through as I manage the new phone itch.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yip.

I want to see how big the V40 is as I may be inclined to go the carrier route. As sated before, the Mate 10 Pro/Mix 2/V35 size is what I like for the 18:9 phones. The S9 is ok, but the battery is too small. The Note 9 and S9+ are too large.

It's why the Pixel 3 would have worked for me if the damn thing had a headphone jack. If I keep someone without the 3.5mm, I'd get a Jaybird X4 and go for water resistance. If I go for an LG/Mate 10, I'd get a Bose Soundsport wired.

Question: Would you be open to trying the new Pixel wired buds? I wish that they included that the first time around but I'm curious since you mentioned that the Pixel 3 would have worked for you. It sounds like you planned this out well so I just wondered if you would.

I know that 99 is going to try it though.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

S9+ feels a lot better ergonomically compared to Note 9.

The Pixel 2 XL has made me kinda sorta veer away from my phobia of large screen devices.

I think you will like the S9+. Samsung does bezels best.

Plus there's a headphone jack. Battery life is also quite good on Samsung phones.

The V40 cameras are a scattershot so I would pass. I sold the V30 after two weeks for the exact same reason.
Yip.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Well Dieter's review is in.
The Xs pictures look garbage compared to the Pixel 3.
Once travel slows down a bit, I am going to troll for one starting November.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well Dieter's review is in.
The Xs pictures look garbage compared to the Pixel 3.
Once travel slows down a bit, I am going to troll for one starting November.

That's great to know. I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience with it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I can get the same results using an iPhone 4S (roughly the same same size) with a DIGITS line on T-Mobile. I like the idea of a small sidekick for those times you don't want to expose your main phone like playing sports, the beach and stuff like that. I've preached about the usefulness of DIGITS on other threads here but I never envisioned a tiny phone as a secondary device.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

For the first time in recent memory, I'm not looking forward to my birthday. School stuff and life stuff have thrown themselves together around that time. Again, I'm at the point where I wish I had a clone to do it all for me because geez.

And also to add to the fun, I have to figure out a day to vote as well. I normally early vote but this year I must because I have class (and a presentation in said class!) on Election Day. Even choosing a day to go is hard because of the mentioned stuff, and classes of course. I wish that it started this week because I wouldn't have this issue. Voting is super important to me but so are the other things that are date specific.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

S9+ feels a lot better ergonomically compared to Note 9.

The Pixel 2 XL has made me kinda sorta veer away from my phobia of large screen devices.

I think you will like the S9+. Samsung does bezels best.

Plus there's a headphone jack. Battery life is also quite good on Samsung phones.

The V40 cameras are a scattershot so I would pass. I sold the V30 after two weeks for the exact same reason.
I agree the S9+ feels better than the Note 9. I don't want a decent jack, I want a good one. While hardware wise, the S9+ is where I'd like, I still like the software less than LG and Huawei.

We will see. I may just get a Jaybird X4 and chill the F out. I don't think I'm trolling for a Pixel 3 for a long time.

Guess I just want good audio for my commute, good battery life and a decent enough camera. I'm simple like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124