WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Now, we both know the Mi series was always their vanguard.

Redmi = Lumia 520

Maybe you can make the case that

Moto = Lumia 640

But not as easily. You really cannot really compare the full Mi line to the 640 ( maybe the mid range Mi devices like the Mi Max line)

So it would follow that if the RedMi equals low end then the high end flagships would be the BlueMi right?

You don't have to answer. I've had a s**t week having to deal with your buddy's minions and I'm seeing my cardio tomorrow for what is surely to be bad news.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Quick first impressions on the Vivo Nex S

The camera pop up works great. The quality of the selfies is quite decent as well.
The OS is a carbon copy of iOS 11. If that is your cup of tea then it is fine. It is probably one of the more polished iOS clones that I have seen. The phone has 8GB RAM so everything feels quite snappy and I think the animations are deliberately a bit fast to give you that feeling of this being a snappy device. The screen is gorgeous and yes, looking at something full screen is quite nice.

Will test out a couple of more things in the day and then it will stay in a box for a while. I am off to Costa Rica for work.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Well, on my first day in New York, I wanted to find a Google pop-up store so I could check out the P2XL. Found out that it doesn't open until the 18th. So, I walked into the Microsoft store and bought a Surface Go, 8 Gb RAM, 128 Gb storage plus the keyboard. So far, it's a pretty kick butt little device. msftsurface-1.jpeg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well, on my first day in New York, I wanted to find a Google pop-up store so I could check out the P2XL. Found out that it doesn't open until the 18th. So, I walked into the Microsoft store and bought a Surface Go, 8 Gb RAM, 128 Gb storage plus the keyboard. So far, it's a pretty kick butt little device. View attachment 139994

Ooh congrats!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The things I see and hear at work...even my coworkers are Iike "you sure know how to pick 'em".

Yes, and I'm stuck with a supervisor very similar to the last knucklehead in the old department...SMH.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm ready for the Pixel 3.
It's not a matter of if, just when
971f78f9b8191c82a3b0fe0c56afa33c.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So yesterday we were talking about the Google event a little bit and we ended up talking about the updates he's excited to see on his Pixel XL. Then we shifted to talking about Samsung and this foldable phone thing so I mentioned the ZTE Axon M and he knew what it was and mentioned the hinge.

I didn't expect that but it was really awesome that I didn't have to hold back that part of me. I'm still like whoa that this happened because aside from you all, I'm generally doing that because everyone else is usually lost.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Wow she's nearly done! May she finish strong and you keep your sanity until then.
Yeah, it hasn't been easy. I've had to push her because I know what it meant to her. She was filled with doubt about doing this at her age (she's 50) but I broke out the pom-poms and made sure she could.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

The prices are ridiculously crazy.
I am waiting for Nokia to get the OG Pixel camera output in their 7 series and then it's game over for these crazy $700+ devices from Apple, Samsung, LG and Google.

I have decided that I am NOT buying a new device at retail from a carrier or phone company anymore. This is asinine.

Sooner than later someone will figure out the Android equivalent of a Lumia 520 or 640.
I'm liking 7.1 Plus with SD710. If it is the right price I might buy it for Christmas. I now charge my Moto Z about 3 times a day, start with full, recharge it from 30 to 80% in school, again when I get home and then again after running and I go to sleep with 20-30%.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So far the samples from the Pixel 3 camera are looking pretty damn good.
I will troll for one in November. This month is crazy with work travel.
See y'all next weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria