WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ha! Nothing noble really. I'm going to be a working slave again. What noble would actually work if they have to?

Does anyone else find the idea of nobility a bit strange since we're almost at the year 2020?

It should be noted that in the UK 'class' still exists. Let that sink in.

There are other European countries with royalty still. Maybe that's Europe's problem? Can't let go of the past?
You don't need nobility to be a snob. Even my attending's French wife stated Parisians can be a different sort of animal at times.

Enjoy it either way. You'll get more good stories.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Each week feels very similar. Welcome back to the work week hamster wheel, Rue! We kept your spot nice and warm.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

What a week.

And that's JUST work. SMH. This Guinness I'm drinking is very cold and still isn't cold enough to wash this week away.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So as much as I love the fact that as a consumer there is much more choice in the mobile space, the caveat is that such choice isn't...real.

The issue is that you may find a device that fits your needs, but if it isn't a popular device, there are parts of the aftercare support you may miss out on to fully get the most of your purchase.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So as much as I love the fact that as a consumer there is much more choice in the mobile space, the caveat is that such choice isn't...real.

The issue is that you may find a device that fits your needs, but if it isn't a popular device, there are parts of the aftercare support you may miss out on to fully get the most of your purchase.

Well said. I agree with this point. It's disappointing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You don't need nobility to be a snob. Even my attending's French wife stated Parisians can be a different sort of animal at times.

Enjoy it either way. You'll get more good stories.
I think big cities breed a certain type of person. Paris is like any big city really. Just a bit prettier than some places.

I think I'm far from being a snob, just about certain things really. Also were not technically in Paris but in Ile de France, which some call the Paris region. We have 35 mins drive in.

I'm just looking forward to settling into my job and our rental house. This Versailles appartement we're in is too noisy.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So after leaving a bit later than we wanted to we got to our place in Versailles at 8pm. Approximately 8 hours on the road.

I felt like I was still moving even though I was sitting at dinner. Weird how these things happen as you get older. Probably my brain updating the new information.

I think we're only going to spend a month here unless we can get one of the quieter apartments. If they are quieter...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The owner of the place it's taking us on a small tour of Versailles town later today.

We need to do some shopping and I still need some clothes.

Tomorrow we are meeting the people we're renting the house from to sign papers etc. So not much time

Haven't checked if shops are open Sundays here yet. France is a bit different than most countries I've lived in. Some places in our town (near our house) are closed Mondays because they're open Saturday...

Then Monday it's work!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The owner of the place it's taking us on a small tour of Versailles town later today.

We need to do some shopping and I still need some clothes.

Tomorrow we are meeting the people we're renting the house from to sign papers etc. So not much time

Haven't checked if shops are open Sundays here yet. France is a bit different than most countries I've lived in. Some places in our town (near our house) are closed Mondays because they're open Saturday...

Then Monday it's work!

Is the owner who is taking you to Versailles different from the people you are renting the house from?
That's one thing I couldn't follow along...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Apartment in Versailles is one owner and he took us around the market today. Very nice market!

The house is about 25min away in a small town and it's owned by a couple moving to Montreal for a year.

We're moving to the house in March. We're not sure about staying in Versailles until then.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Just like the housing bubble now we're going to have an iPhone bubble.
That's been years in the making, partially limited to Apple shoehorning too much stuff into the same old UI design.

Say what you want, but at least Android and Windows Phone in the UIs had clear evolutionary markers. Familiarity can breed both contempt and stagnation (probably ripping them too hard, but oh well...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon