hypocrital wpcentral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Let me first of start by saying i really like wpcentral, visit it often [mostly with the app] and i find it informing and usefull from time to time to keep me up to date on wp8 news.

Now my problem is that i find that wpcentral often makes hypocritical articles and they tend to insult other websites/company's, for example
I mean, i understand that information can be clouded at times but calling another website ''a scrappy little site'' is giving of a bad picture of the ''windows phone community [ofc there are many more examples but this is the latest one that caught my eye]
On that note the wpcentral app can be described as ''an scrappy little app'' because it sucks and lacks fluid animations, lag free typing and more features that the regular site has [like clicking links or viewing photo's], it is also ad supported which is not bad if it where an actual well coded app....

So Wpcentral, be more self critical and improve yourself rather then try to take others down.
You know, because we all want wp8 to succeed right?

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Let me first of start by saying i really like wpcentral, visit it often [mostly with the app] and i find it informing and usefull from time to time to keep me up to date on wp8 news.

Now my problem is that i find that wpcentral often makes hypocritical articles and they tend to insult other websites/company's, for example
I mean, i understand that information can be clouded at times but calling another website ''a scrappy little site'' is giving of a bad picture of the ''windows phone community [ofc there are many more examples but this is the latest one that caught my eye]
On that note the wpcentral app can be described as ''an scrappy little app'' because it sucks and lacks fluid animations, lag free typing and more features that the regular site has [like clicking links or viewing photo's], it is also ad supported which is not bad if it where an actual well coded app....

So Wpcentral, be more self critical and improve yourself rather then try to take others down.
You know, because we all want wp8 to succeed right?

I think your alone on this dude.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
How do you not like the WPCentral app? I think it is the best looking and designed app on the store, with MetroTube, Weather Flow, and 6Tag. Do you think WMPowerUser's app is better? Because I've tried it, and WPCentral runs circles around it. Sorry.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Okay okay You guys must get me wrong; I love wpcentral 90% of the time..they do write great but does that mean I can't be critical about them?
And I don't like the app, when I type its laggy from time to time and there are in my opinion some cheep animations when pressing tiles in the menu + less functionality then website.

Anyway, comments like "I wish I could close this thread" mean that you cannot stand any criticism against wpcentral?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon