Where the heck is that airplane?

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
From a Malaysian point-of-view, a Malaysian myself, my take is the pilot took the plane somewhere to make a statement for Opp leader Anwar.
Anwar's charge for sodomy that was dismissed months back was overturned recently, something many believed was political imprisonment as there is a by-election coming up, and Anwar were going to stand in it. Now in his place his wife will be.

This whole episode could be a distraction, like the armed incursion on Malaysian state of Sabah by filipino terrorists, that happened just weeks before the parliament general elections last May 13.

A MH B777 that has a perfectly good safety record, going missing deliberately, just before a by-election, without clues? That plane will reappear.

Malaysian PM just held a press conference, MH370 crashed in Southern Indian Ocean off Perth, Australia.
There will be a full press conference tomorrow.

RIP to the passengers. Btw, the Malaysian by-election I said was held yesterday, opposition won.

EDIT: PM Najib Razak only mention that based on satellite analysis the flight ended in the stated area. No words of the flight crashing.
Video of the press conference:https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=684474554908558&set=vb.158552314167454&type=2&theater
Official Malaysia Airlines statement: http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/site/dark-site.html

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
The question of what happened still has to be answered. I've read in a couple of articles about remote control equipment on this plane that allows controlling it from the ground, that bothers me. Here's a statement from a former pilot. I don't know how reliable it is:

...Perhaps the most unsettling information in regards to the missing Boeing 777 comes from retired 35 year Delta pilot, Field McConnell, who states that since 1995, Boeing Uninterruptible Auto Pilots have been equipped in Boeing planes. This information was apparently not released until March of 2007, following a subsequent lawsuit by McConnell. The modification was reported to the FAA, NTSB and ALPA (airline pilots association). According to McConnell’s documents, Boeing is said to have stated that by end of 2009 all Boeing planes would be fitted with the BUAP – making them impossible to manually hijack within the plane but susceptible to remote control by the military, according the flight veteran....
Questions the Media Haven’t Been Asking about Flight MH370 « Aletho News

Here's an older article about BUAP:
New autopilot will make another 9/11 impossible - News - London Evening Standard

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Too many hackneyed theories abound. Probably the simplest cause is the most obvious explanation. Hope the blackbox is found quickly and put to bed all the speculations.

May their souls rest in peace

Live2Deliver

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Too many hackneyed theories abound. Probably the simplest cause is the most obvious explanation. Hope the blackbox is found quickly and put to bed all the speculations.

May their souls rest in peace

Problem is if this incident is indeed an act of the pilot suicide, there could be a chance that the CVR and FDR were disabled. Such things had happened before in previous pilot suicide like Silkair Flight 185.

Christian Holmstedt

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Let's talk about the satellite pings.

Up until now there has been one solid ping and more recently a half ping. In the media it is reported that these satellite pings happens with ~1 hour interval. The latest one happened before that, maybe due to an emergency condition?
But what about all the time before the 'solid' ping? It flew for many hours. Wouldn't it have been pinged several times? Have I missed something in the reporting here? Where there more than these 2 pings (1.5 pings)?

Christian Holmstedt

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Well that is really good news.
Where are the 'arc' plots showing all 6(1/2) pings then? That info plus dead reckoning assuming a constant speed of ~500mphm or so would give a very good clue about where it hit water.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
We hear how small the world is yet in this case the world isn't quite so small.
Even a single survivor would be wonderful at this point.

Hoping so bad that there can be some sort of resolution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon