Living the paper free life.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to all my wonderful digital devices that now surround me, I have begun going "paper free" and trying to have all my files digital instead of paper (thank you Office 365 and your 1 TB of storage!)

I wanted to see if anyone else out there was doing the same thing or thinking about doing it. We could share tips and tricks to get the most out of our endeavor.

Right now I'm going through and turning all my old records into PDF's with the camscanner app on my Lumia 920. I set them to upload to OneDrive and have files and folders all organized into different topics. I figure that PDF's were probably the most supported and therefore the most safe format to keep everything in. I even have begun scanning any simple receipts that I get straight into OneDrive from the app. It only takes a second. I have found some places such as Babies r us will email you your receipt if you set it up before hand. Its very cool. My set up is pretty simple except for the amount of documents waiting to be scanned (20 years of military service, whew...)

What setups does anyone else use to accomplish this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes