Hi guys, it's come to my attention by one of my colleagues that the WP App store is pretty bad when it comes to fake apps. I wouldn't mind if these fake apps were free and allowed you to find out by downloading it and not harming your bank, but many fakes charge some money and therefore angers users.

I've gone to check this out myself being a none believer and a true Windows enthusiast, but it is true and there are many apps which could cause harm. I know Windows is all about App growth at the minute, but surely we can't allow for it to have fake rubbish which charges us money.

What I would like to ask from you guys, is that we report any apps we see as fake and give 1 star ratings to all apps which aren't genuine.

As I was reading through, I thought to myself that surely Android is just as bad, but as I got to the end, they mentioned that Android had little to none scam apps. Surely if Google can clean up their app store, then Microsoft can as well.

Here's the source - The Windows Store is a Cesspool of Scams Why Doesnt Microsoft Care?

Please let me know what you guys think and whether we should help out or not. I say that we need to look after our ecosystem and clean up any mess for newcomers to be less scared.

Even with the third party apps which do a great job, we should all praise them so they come before anything else in the app store.
    08-18-2014 02:01 PM
    Run into a few scam apps and have reported them.
    I don't download any app without a "try" or free version option, good reviews with recent updates or unless it goes free.

I agree with you it is very important to give a true review or report ripoffs.
    08-18-2014 02:15 PM
    EVERY app store is flooded with garbage apps. I think most people who download their first or second crappy app they start to pay attention to reviews
    08-19-2014 12:01 AM
    Just because every app store is apparently flooded with garbage apps, doesn't mean we should let it slide. Windows needs to be cleaner so we don't scare newcomers away. If you looks at how Windows gets put down for everything they do at the minute, we could at least help them which in turn could engage newcomers.

If you were to compare the Apple App store to Windows App store to find that Windows was more cleaner with better developed apps, then I think you would pick a Windows device, otherwise, you're just going to go with the Apple device.

We need to look after our own ecosystem to in turn attract new people and then they should also help to push the Windows ecosystem forward.
    08-19-2014 03:09 AM