Packing 2 phones?

darth3pio

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
It's complicated, my daily driver is a Lumia 1020. And my other is a Lumia 630. The electronics retailer that I work with has recently partnered with a rather large global network provider who, in my country has been rebuilding their reputation after struggling for years with poor service and poor network coverage. So on the Lumia 630, I'm testing their statements about the supposed improvements.

Yes, I'm that sort of salesperson, I don't feel confident selling something unless I have had personal hands on time with it, rather than basing my sales pitch on a lie.

This is but some of the story, the provider in question has been advertising that their rebuilt network had been built for the internet, so rather than using the Lumia 630 as a second phone, I've been using it as a hotspot simply because the provider offers up some very good prices on data.

marcox92

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Have 4 !
Old Samsung ativ
Lumia 1520
Lumia 630 (dual sim bcause i n?eed it , living close a border am very often in that foreign country where I have 2 number)
​Lumia 930 when I travel "light" !

Nakia Johnson1

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I carry my Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4 Active and the Nokia lumia 630. Addicted to both devices I can't put them down. The 630 doesn't have what the 920 has so sometimes I use the 920 for photos and videos. The 920 and the 630 doesn't do what the Samsung can do so I use that phone for job searching checking my Gmail etc. Also my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet as well

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I've carried 2 for the last 10 years... one work and one personal... I started with a "candy bar" style Nokia and Motorola Startac, and at the moment, I'm carrying a 1520 for home and a 1020 for work. If we're counting things we "carry" in a bag like tablets (vs. just what fits in my pocket), that'd expand to include a Surface Pro 2 & a "new" iPad.

Mr Plastik

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I carry both my Moto X and my Lumia 1020. My Moto X is my main phone as I rely on Google's services. My Lumia 1020 is my camera, backup phone, and travel device. Simple as that.

​Mr P

aXross

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Yup! I carry both my Lumia 820 and the aging iPhone 4. Lumia 820 is my main and daily-driver phone, and my secondary is either my iPhone (my dad gave it to me and I usually use this for trying out new apps) or CM Flare Android phone (which is currently have touchscreen issues).
Lumia 820 still rocks! :D

jvanlew

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
In my pocket:
  • Lumia 1520 by itself (soon to be replaced by the HTC One M8 for Windows when it's available on AT&T)
In my backpack:
  • Lumia 925
  • Lumia 520
  • Nexus 5
  • Microsoft Surface gen 1
I only really use one phone at a time. Right now, I'm on my 1520. I struggle with the size of this beast though (that's what she said :winktongue:) and I switch back to the 925 every so often.

influencer

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
My main device is a Lumia 920 with WP 8.0 in the right pocket. Most of the time I carry a Lumia 620 with WP8.1 DP in the left and a Lumia 800 with WP 7.1 in the bag.
Goal is to observe the featured apps in the store (they differ from OS to OS) and see if one of my apps (KeyRing and Just Light) is featured.

Thomas

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Having given this many milliseconds of thought, my reasoning is that as I get older, I probable would forget which pocket I put the phone in and just use two to make sure I find at least one.

Now, being retired and on a fixed income with a wife that rules the roost (come on, you know they do), I can't have but one phone at a time so I got the ICON, the largest I could get on Verizon and it pulls my trousers down on one side to remind me which pocket I have it in.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Nah one phone on me right now, I have a few WP8 devices tho. I was also told I would be getting another phone at some point for work (using my personal for work/personal right now) and they will give us a choice of phones (and I could pick a WP device if I wanted)...so maybe I will at some point but, I don't see a need right now, as I can have all email accounts on one device...

Blackout3890

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I don't use two at once but I switch between my Lumia 1520, 1020, and my Icon. Everyone laughs at me for having for many phones and I just bought a 520 as a backup too 😜 One can never have too many Windows Phones!

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't use two at once but I switch between my Lumia 1520, 1020, and my Icon. Everyone laughs at me for having for many phones and I just bought a 520 as a backup too 😜 One can never have too many Windows Phones!

Umm, obsessed a little?lol Unless you're a tech journalist at least two of those phones on your list should be enough for you.lol And how are you using all those phones which were made for different networks by the way?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
L928/Gzone

L928 is my personal phone. Gzone is for my personal business. I also work at a DOE facility where camera phones are prohibited, so the Gzone with no camera is allowed and I can take my business calls while I'm there.

CyberAngel_777

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I didn't search this subject...

How many fine members of this community carry 2 phones around with them.

I ask because I got kidded the other night when a friend noticed me having my 635 in the right pocket and my 925 in the left.
Realizing this could be some sort of device addiction I tried to evade by offering a vague answer with a touch of evasiveness.

Anyhoo if you do this what's your combo?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

• iPhone\aPhone
  • wPhone\iPhone
  • aPhone\wPhone
  • iPhone\iPhone
  • aPhone\aPhone
  • wPhone\wPhone
WP/Android....planning to get an iPhone on a 3rd SIM...
I do have over a dozen fully working phones and old SIMs for opening them...no signal though - or billing :)

nilchak

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I do carry two phones and both Windows Phones currently.

In my pocket for regular use is my big screened Lumia 1320.
In my bag along with the camera grip is my old trusty Lumia 1020 - cant get rid of this device simple for the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon