Packing 2 phones?

mwdavis84

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I always have one Windows Phone and one Non Windows Phone. What those phones are rotates every few months. Early on, it was the Windows Phone that switched (Samsung Focus -> HTC HD7 -> Dell Venue Pro -> Nokia Lumia 800, Nokia Lumia 900), with the Samsung Vibrant in the other, although that switched to the Blackberry Bold 9900 around the time I switched to Lumia.

I had trouble deciding between the Lumia 920 and HTC 8x around the time those launched, after I settled on the 920, that remained in one pocket for nearly two years, while the "other phone" cycled from Blackberry 9900 -> HTC One M7 -> HTC One Mini -> Blackberry Z10 -> Blackberry Q10 -> Sony Z1 Compact. Just last week, the 920 finally got swapped out for the HTC One M8 w/ Windows.

....although, that venerable Lumia 920 still resides in my laptop bag, along with a 3rd gen iPod Touch, Nexus 7, and Surface Pro 2.

CarlosDanielFP

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I carry my Lumia 1520 and a Nokia C6-01 (Symbian) because I'm from Mexico and bought the Lumia in the Microsoft Store Online when my cousin was in the US. She received it and brought it to me but since I can't use it with Telcel (here in Mx) I just use my 1520 as a tablet and the Symbian as my cellphone. Actually I would ask if there is a method to unlock my Lumia from AT&T if I'm not a registered member? :D

Deaconclgi

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I carry a Nokia Lumia 1520, 635, 808 PureView, N8, Nexus 5, iPhone 4s, Dell Venue 8 Pro and iPad 4.

I always have the Lumia 1520, 635/808 Purview on me. The others are in a bookbag that goes with me Mon-Friday and stays home on the weekend. At home are my honorable mentions, Nokia Lumia 920, 1020, C7, 5230 old Nokia with lights on the side, 5300 and a defunct Blackberry of some sort. I also have a working Nokia 918 from around 1997.

In the IT Department, I write process documents and manage mobile technologies so I support the OSes currently in use by our employees. I also teach classes from time to time with my last class being an Android 101 class. The Lumia 635 with the Bright Orange (official name) back cover is my favorite device to use as it is infinitely more pocketable than my 1520.

I may do a comparison video with the Nokia 918. :)

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I currently have in my collection a 1020, 920, 820, 810, 625, 620, 520, Galaxy S3, and iPhone 4s.

But I never carry more than one around at a time. It switch it out depending on my mood. Ironically, my favourite is probably the 810, though I don't use it much because Tmobile decided to stop supporting it. :(

dluom

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I carry two phones: a work WP and a personal WP. Would love to have a dual SIM WP for this reason. Why do I separate work and personal? My personal number is persistent, and work often wants all their data (including contacts) to be handed back when you leave. It's very difficult to dis-entangle work from personal unless you're running two devices. My Surface Pro remain my own though!

d11dog11

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 5 as main. Lumia 630 and iPhone rotate as weekend toys so I can stay current on all the major ecosystems. Just sold my blackberry q10. Also have a nexus 7 LTE for a tablet.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, most of you might gonna laugh about my combination of 2 phones, but before laughing (i don't think anyone of you will judge), let me explain you why: LOL

Samsung ATIV S i8750 - When I first saw this device announced back in december 2012, I was WOWed, it was love at first sight. Then when i hold it in my hand for the first time back in march 2013 (was in my carrier shop T-Mobile Macedonia), I just fell in love with the device, but it was too much for me at that time from my financial aspect. It was too pricey. So the love kept going strong for over a year and when T-Mobile Macedonia, shows some way better contract options, than in march 2014, I finally had the chance to grab the last piece in the whole country. It was luck, pure luck for me. The T-Mobile rep told me that they sold this device in Macedonia more than they expected to sell, like they had to make 2 additional orders of the same phone. I know that back in march 2014 when i grab the ATIV S it was already a yesteryear phone, but i didn't mind that, I was happy that i finally got the phone I wanted so much a year ago and i am not regretting a bit of buying it. I love the device and it's perfect for my needs. Yes, it's my primary device now.

Samsung Omnia i900 - I have it for almost 5 years now, it works like it was bought a month ago. Prior the ATIV S, it was my primary device. You might wonder why i kept it so long? Well, anyone who owned a WM6.x device, especially the back then mighty Samsung Omnia i900, knows what i am talking about. I put my heart and soul in that device. That device is responsible for my love for the Windows Mobile platform and also making me a WM6 ROM Cook (making custom ROMs). That device had 8GB internal memory and came with 8GB pre-installed Micro SD card too. So, today my Omnia i900 has my own cooked Ultra WM6.5.3 ROM, made it especially for my needs and it works perfectly. It has the latest MS Office Mobile 2010, On top it has the latest SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.5, Opera Mobile 10 & Opera Mini 5.1 are working perfect, It has latest versions of the Resco Suite for WM (Keyboard, File Manager, Photo Manager Pro, Radio, etc.), GPS is working flawlessly, I tweaked its 5MP camera so the pictures are very very good now, and other various apps, mainly productivity apps. It still has the original battery and it still holds me 3-4 days of moderate usage even tho the battery capacity is 1440 mAh. The only thing i replaced on my Omnia i900 was the new digitalizer (2nd generation, the way better ones than the first ones). So, that's why I am still rocking the Samsung Omnia i900 today, ofcorse as my secondary device. :)
I am kinda you-don't-change-the-winning-team kind of guy, so that's maybe why i am still using a 5 years old phone like the Samsung Omnia i900.

There, you can laugh now about me still using an old phone as the Omnia i900 :) LOL

P.S. in matter of fact here they are, side by side (ATIV S & Omnia i900), I just pictured them with my backup phone (Sony Ericsson K800i), image is resized ofcorse :)
DSC00033-650.jpg

Last edited:

Nizam Mohd

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
920 is my primary phone, while a 1520 becomes my gaming/secondary camera device because of its SD card support. Something practical I guess.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I carry my Lumia 1520 and a Nokia C6-01 (Symbian) because I'm from Mexico and bought the Lumia in the Microsoft Store Online when my cousin was in the US. She received it and brought it to me but since I can't use it with Telcel (here in Mx) I just use my 1520 as a tablet and the Symbian as my cellphone. Actually I would ask if there is a method to unlock my Lumia from AT&T if I'm not a registered member? :D

Well, if your Mexican carriers are using GSM and your Lumia 1520 is a CDMA device, than there is no way to use it, unless your 1520 support GSM networks too.
In case it doesn't support GSM networks, then i suggest you to put it online and to sell it to some american and get yourself a 1520 GSM version or some other WP phone with GSM support. :)

musikHersteller

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I've got a Lumia 925 for the main phone, and a Galaxy S5 when I want to switch it up a bit. The hardware is more advanced and most of my Microsoft apps are there too.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Most of the time I'm just carrying my 1520, which is my main daily driver. But everytime I know I'm about to take some photos, I additionally pack my 1020, which is filled to the rim with all kinds of photo related apps. Even though the camera on 1520 is not much worse than the one on the 1020, I like the combination of the 1020 and the camera grip very much.

Petar Gledic

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely, 1520 and a 925. Both are essential, the 925 for the usability of a normal sized smart phone and the 1520 for more video hungry apps. I own a surveillance company and the combination of the 1520 and milestone mobile 2014 make monitoring and interacting with the authorities a breeze. Some of my staff use iPhone's but the screen to far to small for and buggy for practical purposes. The 925 is due for replacement and rest assured it WILL be another Windows phone!

brooza664

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I carry a Lumia 920 and a Samsung Omnia 7.

And when I upgrade, it will likely be a Lumia 830 and Omnia 7 combo. I'm still using the WP7 phone for the podcast management in Zune

Stuazt

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm from China. For me, 2 phones are necessary when I travel around. Sometimes there's no Unicom's signal when I'm on the train, especially in some suburban areas. So I need a CMCC compatible device because CMCC covers both suburban areas and urban areas well. Unicom runs a WCDMA network and CMCC runs a TD-SCDMA network(trust me, it sucks). So Lumia 925 and an aPhone.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 822 and a Nokia Lumia 1520.
The reason I carry two Lumias is because here in the Philippines, smartphones are viewed as status symbols. They're prime targets of pick pockets in the streets.

So I use my 1520 when I drive. And I use my 822 when I use public transportation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss