The Quotes Thread!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity."

Albert Einstein

harharharris

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
"Talent must be a fanatical mistress. She's beautiful; when you're with her, people watch you, they notice. But she bangs on your door at odd hours, and she disappears for long stretches, and she has no patience for the rest of your existence; your wife, your children, your friends. She is the most thrilling evening of your week, but some day she will leave you for good. One night, after she's been gone for years, you will see her on the arm of a younger man, and she will pretend not to recognize you."

-David Benioff - City of Thieves

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
You renew yourself every day. Sometimes you're successful, sometimes you're not, but it's the average that counts.
- Satya Nadella

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Just heard this on the US game show Jeopardy minutes ago.

When speaking about the Congress of the United States Will Rogers said:
Every time they make a joke it becomes the law!...Every time they make a law it becomes a joke!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
is history something that repeats and remains unchanged , or does it evolve with passing of time? if it does repeat , should we try to break that cycle or resign ourselves to it?
-rukia

Last edited:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
in this world , there is one thing worth knowing "hard facts" despite this universal truth , people misguidedly chose only to accept the facts that appeal to their way of thinking. their so limited, they could only accept the truths that are comfortable for them

-aizen

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Have a vision. It is the ability to see the invisible. If you can see the invisible, you can achieve the impossible.
- Shiv Khera

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I am not really into quotes, but I thought the ending line in the movie Boyhood was pretty cool and made a lot of sense:

You know how everyone's always saying seize the moment? I don't know, I'm kind of thinking it's the other way around, you know, like the moment seizes us

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2