Meet'm ERROR. Messaging seems to be unavailable. What could be wrong?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a paid meet'm application installed on my phone from a year ago.
Today when I try to log on the error message is appear on the screen: "ERROR.
Messaging seems to be unavailable. Do you want to try to restart messaging?".

Also the setting menu down in right is not active.

I restarted my phone, disable and enable location again, same mistake is appear. Uninstall app, restarted, then install app again and the same error is appearing.

Tried to find some information on the web without result. Tried to open a developer web page and ask them, but there is no feedback or e-mail support.

Could you please help me with some suggestion?
Did anyone has the same problem (may be this is problem with the servers or s.e.).

Thank you!

twrist

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Can't grindr be used on tablet?

Yes, it works fine. I'm been using it on my iPad mini, tethered to my Lumia 950. It is a 'sort of' portable solution. The iOS app isn't as good as meet'm though, in my opinion - bits of messages go missing, and it behaves very oddly at times. I suspect my next phone will be an android, if Nokia manage to pull it out of the bag...

jandevries12

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Spoke to the developer of the Meet'm app yesterday.
Grindr updated their servers and introduced a whole new layer of security which is very difficult to copy.
Looks like the party is over, guys...

But we sure had of lot of fun with it, didn't we!

Lordtree

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Have had the same "unable to connect to chat svc" problem. Tried another two wp and the same error comes. Tried shyguy app and it seems to have the same problem. It seems its only scruff and guyspy and jacked left😐 WE SHOULD ALL WRITE TO GRINDR TO FINALLY MAKE A WP APP (speaking of equality). The app is still available in the us when one searches for "Grindr".

Allicit

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
The loss of this app was the final straw for me, I want to support msft and stay with WP but the app situation has made that impossible now. Everyday something I once relied upon is either broken or deleted with no alternative. I've gone for a BBPriv with launcher 8, while it looks aesthetically like windows phone, android is a cluster **** and will never be as elegant, smart or as integrated as my beloved WP. On the up side all the apps, banking, social, the list is endless. It's disheartening to see how much was missing from the WP store. I pray the surface phone can fix this app gap or it's doomed too. 😐

d1stort1on

May 25, 2015
Visit site
The loss of this app was the final straw for me, I want to support msft and stay with WP but the app situation has made that impossible now. Everyday something I once relied upon is either broken or deleted with no alternative. I've gone for a BBPriv with launcher 8, while it looks aesthetically like windows phone, android is a cluster **** and will never be as elegant, smart or as integrated as my beloved WP. On the up side all the apps, banking, social, the list is endless. It's disheartening to see how much was missing from the WP store. I pray the surface phone can fix this app gap or it's doomed too. ��

I was going to post almost the same thing two weeks ago. I went back to iphone - upgraded my old one for christmas.

Allicit

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
It's really sad, I want WP back, if only more had given WP a chance, the os is superior to IOS and android in so many ways. I rooted for it until it's was well past dead. I am forever angry at banks and companies like grindr that couldn't devote a tiny fraction of their incomes to producing an app. I hate grindr on android it's not nearly as nice to use as meet'm which makes this whole debacle even more depressing. Instead of buying Nokia MSFT should have bought up major development companies and paid big names to write the apps that were needed, it would have been better billions spent and may have saved Nokia and WP at the time.

avibenshaul

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I agree. I love my windows 10 phone and really don't want to go back to android OS. Why isn't windows doing more to accommodate those who have windows phones? This was a really good app but now it appears to be gone forever. I tried communicating with OAB Software but to no avail. I guess they went out of business. Too bad

Lordtree

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
The last update of meet'm explains this is the end of the line for them. But if we all write to grindr and vote in their new features may be they will see the potential we are all talking about. This is the users voice link. Upvote all that apply:

https://grindr.uservoice.com/forums/401511-grindr-feature-requests?query=Windows P hone

And also write to complain for their lack of support for Windows in help center at:

https://help.grindr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Or request EQUALITY by sending a message to:

mailto:equality@grindr.com

Unless we make them know of Windows Phone and it potential they will keep pushing is aside. Let our voice by them. Only then they will know what they are losing.

TKETZ196

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I read on MSPoweruser.com that they're suspending accounts. It seems like whoever on WP is left and using the client is being punished. Whatever happened to equality? Seems like it is a snapchat-like situation. Punish people who aren't iOS and Android users.

Lordtree

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Mine Got suspended last night... I wrote to then to check the reason and support replied that android and iOS are the only supported os os. I wrote this in reply:

Dear Support (valerie),

You offered an explanation of why it was suspended but no solution as to reactivate the account. i was only chastised for using the device of my choice. Not that the device is incapable of accessing your service but rather that you unilaterally ban certain users from using your service.
If your app and the community that makes you exist were other community i would completely understand your decision to cut their service. Nevertheless the community that makes you exist is a community banned historically and discriminated historically. so much talk for equality and freedom while your corporate culture forbids people to use your service based on their choices and freedom. It is sad you are only using people under the slogan of equality and freedom but your actions are contrary to those principles. It leaves no choice but to boycott your service and start social media campaigns against a discriminative and excluding service.

Very disappointing,
Sincerely concerned WINDOWS PHONE USER

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers