Wallpaper/Start screen thread

Lucas234

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Lets start a wallpaper thread. I have amassed a collection of several hundred desktop quality wallpapers, which are sure to look beautiful on a phone-sized display. I've got sci-fi, surreal landscapes, hell I've even got a high-res image of gummy worms. If I've got it, I'll post it for you. Tell me what you're looking for.

Myself, I like pictures like this
1322173436315.jpg

dark, cloudy skies. Lots of dark green and grey. Maybe some snow. Looks cold, very melancholic.

Here's the default background for the Tetra Lockscreen app that Microsoft no longer publishes
ebc19313-15b1-4d2f-bbbe-4e0aa6c9ab83.png
If somebody could find a high resolution copy of that image, I'd be eternally grateful. I'm only able to find low-res images, like this
peyto-lake.jpg

And I'd really like to use it on my desktop as well.

Anyway, lets help one another out and trade wallpapers. Also if you'd like to post your Start screen, I'm always in the market for good layouts. Do you just put tiles where ever, or are you meticulous in where they go? Myself, I'm always evaluating how it looks aesthetically.

wp_ss_20150613_0001.jpg

I especially like the pinwheel pattern for my photo/camera apps. And also that sun is centered right in the middle of the calendar app. That was an accident. Even though I hardly use the Help apps, I still have them pinned for balance/looks. I believe that makes me a certified crazy person, but I'd like to know your thoughts as well.

Lucas234

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Whoops, I did not see those. Sorry! If a mod feels it's necessary to delete this, by all means.

Edit: You are a moderator. Never mind.

Double edit: That thread is pertains to posting your desktop wallpaper, I was going for more of a "hey does anybody have a picture of X I can use for my wallpaper" kind of request thread.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss