"This would be a nice piece of tech if not for..."

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
What device(s) do you own that has at least one aggravating flaw? For me, it's the placement of the power button on my Alcatel Idol Onetouch 3. It's right across from the volume down rocker causing accidental screenshots whenever I try to put the phone to sleep. I have to awkwardly grip the device to avoid pressing the power and rocker at the same time. At least it has double tap to sleep.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: "This would be a nice piece of tech if not for..."

Moto 360 (2014)...Needed the plastic back to be removed, the light sensor placed under the display for a truly circular display and a newer chip. While the Moto 360 (2015) addressed some of these, it did so to me at the expense of a really clean design...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Great thread topic @HeyCori !

For the Pixel, the lack of having a simple silent mode is a bummer. It might be a minor gripe but it's annoying to me that it's either total silence (so I can't play media and also be able to silence notifications) or do not disturb. That would have been nice.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Crazy, I didn't know that about the Pixel.
I'm not surprised. No one ever seems to mention it anywhere. Unfortunately this is a quirk with "stock" Android (like) phones. Not always but often enough. I forgot to add that your only other option is vibrate. Vibrate or Do Not Disturb mode.

I find myself missing the phones that have that mode. It's really underrated and that's one of my favorite things about iPhones. That switch on the side, silence but yet your alarms still go off and you can play media without changing the mode.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not surprised. No one ever seems to mention it anywhere. Unfortunately this is a quirk with "stock" Android (like) phones. Not always but often enough. I forgot to add that your only other option is vibrate. Vibrate or Do Not Disturb mode.

I find myself missing the phones that have that mode. It's really underrated and that's one of my favorite things about iPhones. That switch on the side, silence but yet your alarms still go off and you can play media without changing the mode.
I never liked this either, but just worked around it. If I were to nitpick, I'd like an AOSP version of Android with certain features that are in ROMs like Xiaomi. I suppose Oxygen OS comes the closest, but I've lost interest in OnePlus.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I never liked this either, but just worked around it. If I were to nitpick, I'd like an AOSP version of Android with certain features that are in ROMs like Xiaomi. I suppose Oxygen OS comes the closest, but I've lost interest in OnePlus.
Yeah, I can understand that. For the moment, that's what I'm doing but I'm not a fan. That would be awesome! I like the way that OnePlus has that going on in their OS.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I can understand that. For the moment, that's what I'm doing but I'm not a fan. That would be awesome! I like the way that OnePlus has that going on in their OS.
They've only improved with the OnePlus 3T/3. Ask OnePlus X and OnePlus 2 owners and see what they say. As a former OnePlus One owner, I do get it...But I'm not surprised.

Iarus Surai

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
For me, it's the HP Elite Lap Dock. The touch pad often sends the mouse pointer in a corner while I'm scrolling. Also the keyboard is an English US keyboard and if I set the keyboard language in the phone's settings to French Canada, the only accentuated character i can type is "é", "ê, è, à, ..." don't work. And since autocorrect and autocomplete only work on the virtual keyboard, writing long text before is almost impossible.
Otherwise great device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar