Uploading many folders and subfolders on Skydrive?

fashion_m

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am thinking of uploading my photos collection on Skydrive. That's thousands of photos in a complex hierarchy of different subfolders and sub-subfolders. How to upload them, keeping the subfolder hierarchy?

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It's probably a lot easier to store your photo collection on Flickr fashion_m.

It's not particulary a fast friendly experience creating folders then uploading your photo's on SkyDrive.

You have to drag and drop individual files, as you can't drag and drop folders at the moment on SkyDrive. (On the computer) :(

I'm sure plans to improve the user experience are in the pipeline. (Hope so anyway)

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure plans to improve the user experience are in the pipeline. (Hope so anyway)

You and me both. I had to move a folder full of photos to another subfolder on SkyDrive the other day and it was extremely tedious. They have GOT to be working on a better system, otherwise I can't see it gaining any real popularity. If it weren't for the integration with WP and the upcoming storage space expansion, I probably wouldn't bother with it at all.

fashion_m

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
You and me both. I had to move a folder full of photos to another subfolder on SkyDrive the other day and it was extremely tedious. They have GOT to be working on a better system, otherwise I can't see it gaining any real popularity. If it weren't for the integration with WP and the upcoming storage space expansion, I probably wouldn't bother with it at all.
Yeah, I am counting on Skydrive too. My phone has only 8GB internal memory. I consider putting my music on the phone (~4 GB) and my pictures on Skydrive (~3 GB).
I thought I can use Flikr, Picasa, Imageshack.us, etc, but they all lack the integration Skydrive has in Windows Phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05