All SkyDrive docs are "read only"

iradeut

Jun 27, 2005
Visit site
All of a sudden, every time I open a word or excel doc from SkyDrive, the document is always read only. To be clear, I'm opening these from within windows explorer. Anyone have any clues?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
All of a sudden, every time I open a word or excel doc from SkyDrive, the document is always read only. To be clear, I'm opening these from within windows explorer. Anyone have any clues?

have you tried clicking "Edit Document" and then selecting one of the two options provided? It is in the menu bar.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Were you previously able to edit the same files that you now cannot?

iradeut

Jun 27, 2005
Visit site
Yes. I was previously able to edit and save them. Now if I edit, it won't allow me to save it, I have to "save as" and give it a new name

Ramck

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I am using Windows 8.1 which comes SkyDrive embedded in and there is no way to repair or reinstall unless you do a total restore. How I solved the problem is I copied all my SkyDrive files to another folder and then deleted them from the SkyDrive. Then I went to the task manager (press keys ctrl,shift and esc at the same time) and ended the SkyDrive task under Processes by right clicking on SkyDrive. Then went to clicked on the C drive/ users/ your name and located the SkyDrive folder. Right click and delete the SkyDrive folder and then reboot. Then copied and pasted my files back into the SkyDrive. SkyDrive properties still say read only but my files do not open in read only mode anymore

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes