is onedrive upload speed really slow for large files?

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
i'm uploading a bunch of stuff to onedrive. the upload speed initially was fast, but then slowed down to a trickle. i'm trying to move maybe 30 gigs of data up to onedrive and it's been chugging along for about 16 hours. still not down. i thought maybe comcast was the reason the upload was taking so long...like maybe they throttle after x amount of data used over y amount of time, but if i stop the upload to onedrive and start it again, the initial few files load quickly, then the trickle.

is this due to onedrive, comcast, or something else? i'm hoping i can remedy the speed issue somehow.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
In my experience, OneDrive is only limited by the speed of your connection. What you are describing sounds like Comcast is either throttling or is charging you for high speed access that actually only achieves the speed in a burst mode rather than as a sustained mode. It is also possible your machine is switching to a low power state after a period of inactivity but I would bet on the provider.

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
It is very slow for me too. In my university i have gigabit upload but OneDrive is uploading with 20mbit/s max. With the newest win 10 version it is better now. I get around 50-70mbit up, which is still a lot slower then my upload speed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon