Onedrive - deleted files keep reinstalling

Joolsp67

Sep 1, 2018
Visit site
I've deleted some files from my OneDrive to make more space and also removed them from my recycle bin but they keep reinstalling themselves and clogging up my storage - I want them permanently gone - what should I do (I don't want to buy more storage) - thanks

Joolsp67

Sep 1, 2018
Visit site
Hi - I've tried deleting via OneDrive on my laptop, via outlook on my laptop and also via the app on my phone but no luck - i have managed to delete other files successfully though - it looks like the files I can't delete were copied from a shared file created by a friend - might it be a problem with the permissions he's granted me?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi - I've tried deleting via OneDrive on my laptop, via outlook on my laptop and also via the app on my phone but no luck - i have managed to delete other files successfully though - it looks like the files I can't delete were copied from a shared file created by a friend - might it be a problem with the permissions he's granted me?

Get on Edge > go to OneDrive.com (make sure you're logged into your account > you should be able to Delete the File or Folder from there. Let me know if it worked for you. Cheers!

Joolsp67

Sep 1, 2018
Visit site
Hi thanks for the suggestion. I logged on to OneDrive using edge and deleted the files. They disappeared but when I went back in via OneDrive on my laptop the files had started restoring themselves again.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Issues that you experience when you try to access files and folders may be related to permissions. Permissions are rules that determine whether you can access or change files and folders. To check permissions on a file or folder, follow these steps:
Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
Tap or click the Security tab.
Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.
To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important You must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.
Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click Properties.
Tap or click the Security tab.
Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.
Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click OK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes