I have shared my one drive folder with other users by inviting them to edit. In that folder there are a bunch of Word and Excel files which successfully sync real-time changes (When someone edits, I can see live changes and vice versa). This works when working with files in browser or opening them from browser (ex. Open in Excel Online; Open in Excel).

However, when syncing Windows Explorer with One Drive there is no live sync on editing documents. I can only merge them after I save, so there is no way to work on the same file at the same time. When clicking "Share" button in Word document, I see "To collaborate with other, please save a copy of your file to another location" even though I have shared the entire folder from browser window previously.
    07-16-2019 12:55 PM
    I have shared my one drive folder with other users by inviting them to edit. In that folder there are a bunch of Word and Excel files which successfully sync real-time changes (When someone edits, I can see live changes and vice versa). This works when working with files in browser or opening them from browser (ex. Open in Excel Online; Open in Excel).

However, when syncing Windows Explorer with One Drive there is no live sync on editing documents. I can only merge them after I save, so there is no way to work on the same file at the same time. When clicking "Share" button in Word document, I see "To collaborate with other, please save a copy of your file to another location" even though I have shared the entire folder from browser window previously.
    Are you using Windows 10 if so are you using the dedicated OneDrive folder?
    07-17-2019 09:10 AM
    I found this. See if it helps you out. If you're not already doing this but it appears to do what you want.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...f-d48f2c6427df
    07-18-2019 02:06 AM