How can I sync ALL documents in a specific windows explorer folder

Julius Rupsys

Jul 16, 2019
Visit site
I have shared my one drive folder with other users by inviting them to edit. In that folder there are a bunch of Word and Excel files which successfully sync real-time changes (When someone edits, I can see live changes and vice versa). This works when working with files in browser or opening them from browser (ex. Open in Excel Online; Open in Excel).

However, when syncing Windows Explorer with One Drive there is no live sync on editing documents. I can only merge them after I save, so there is no way to work on the same file at the same time. When clicking "Share" button in Word document, I see "To collaborate with other, please save a copy of your file to another location" even though I have shared the entire folder from browser window previously.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have shared my one drive folder with other users by inviting them to edit. In that folder there are a bunch of Word and Excel files which successfully sync real-time changes (When someone edits, I can see live changes and vice versa). This works when working with files in browser or opening them from browser (ex. Open in Excel Online; Open in Excel).

However, when syncing Windows Explorer with One Drive there is no live sync on editing documents. I can only merge them after I save, so there is no way to work on the same file at the same time. When clicking "Share" button in Word document, I see "To collaborate with other, please save a copy of your file to another location" even though I have shared the entire folder from browser window previously.

Are you using Windows 10 if so are you using the dedicated OneDrive folder?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes