my phone number is not correct

alexbr91

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys i got my new hd7 on the 4th and so far im really liking it. However i have a kind of dumb question. So whenever i go to settings->applications->phone, it does not display my correct phone number, is there anyway i can manually change this, i tried putting someones elses sim card in there and it displays the right phone number but not when i put my sim card in there. Any suggestions, again i know it sounds really dumb since its not a major issue, but its just really bugging me lol. thanks!

alexbr91

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
so what happened is that the number that is showing was my phone number
(xxx) xxx-6570 but i tmobile recently ported my number from a different provider which is (xxx) xxxx-9786. so when i activated my new hd7 the phone number was 6570 but now its 9786.

mydefposse

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
this happened to me, when I got the phone I requested a new number, which took a couple of days to go through, so my phone now displays the old number all the time. not too bothered about this, but I imagine a system reset on the phone would probably fix it, i just can't be bothered to go through all the setup again.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Far as I know a hard reset should fix this.

It won't affect anything apart from that it seems to cause issues using the features at windowsphone.live.com, happened on my father's HD7 as well but not given a try at fixing it just yet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa