Official NoDo news.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Focus on Friday.

The stores here are under transition...which is funny..they could give a new customer an AT&T phone, but all of the Alltel customers can't activate their phones yet.

Also...I'm switching from Verizon..but purposely not porting my number (I'm gonna port it to Google Voice)

But because there was a transition, there was an AT&T rep from Corporate (who also had an iPhone 4 with a case the size of the Pantheon) . He also started giving me the sales pitch of a life time to me...who I can guarantee beyond conviction has more WP7 knowledge than him. Which was funny because I'm friends with the guy who was setting up my account because he was giving me funny looks....

Anyways, Corporate guy.....wise guy...you know the story, I figured I had to ask him about NoDo officially for the Focus...you know...because officially......it's Under "Testing".

Well he promptly told me that it was out.

There you go folks. Corporate AT&T says its out. NEVERMIND what your phone actually has, says, or does, because it's already out.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Beyond that...I took both my Windows Phone and HTC Incredible (with a Gingerbread rom) on a road trip from Minot, ND to Minneapolis, MN.

Brief summary...the whole weekend was filled with the joys of new discovery....the most compelling argument you can make for this bad boy is to show people the IMDB app on Android vs. the IMDB app on Windows Phone. It makes Android look like IE6 or something nearly as disturbingly nefarious.

My most big big biggest peeve with the device in terms of road trip capabilities was the turn by turn navigation. Not having the Isometric view like traditional GPS was extremely annoying, I ended up taking my Android phone back out for it.

And...for real, it's just Vector graphics....I would think that they could implement it fairly easily.

jtn05

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
the most compelling argument you can make for this bad boy is to show people the IMDB app on Android vs. the IMDB app on Windows Phone. It makes Android look like IE6 or something nearly as disturbingly nefarious.

yea its crazy how much better the WP7 version of IMDB looks compared to android. I remember showing my co-worker(android lover) what the app looked like on WP7 and his eyes just got real big lol.

onemadrssn

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
yea its crazy how much better the WP7 version of IMDB looks compared to android. I remember showing my co-worker(android lover) what the app looked like on WP7 and his eyes just got real big lol.

I am not surprised.

There are only a handful of apps that are available on Android, iOS, and WP7. Of all the ones I have seen, the WP7 one has usually been the prettiest in my opinion. Take ESPN ScoreCenter for example, which is available on those 3 OSs. They all work equally well in displaying sports scores, standings, and schedules. I believe most people would agree that the Android version looks flat and not quite set right, the iOS version looks dated (web 2.0 style button fades are so 2009 :p ), and the WP7 version is the prettiest.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
it's not the only app that looks better... also, it's not just Android, but iOS apps as well.

4sq is another... looks sexii.

i wonder how getglue would look.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I wish Flixster on WP7 would do (which it does on iOS) is allow me to see upcoming DVD releases... its how I set up my netflix queue, lol...

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
What's Your Version Number?

Well he promptly told me that it was out.

There you go folks. Corporate AT&T says its out. NEVERMIND what your phone actually has, says, or does, because it's already out.

I have had many, and will continue to have, confrontations with store managers that confidently give me false information.

There may be a shred of truth to this one though...

Since you have just recently purchased your Focus, there is a chance that it may have NoDo out of the box.

Have you checked your OS version? (I'll let someone else inform us of what version NoDo is supposed to be.) I know that I have not received any updates and I am on 7004 (7.0.7004.0, firmware 1.0.4.11).

I wish I knew more about what I was talking about. I'm learning as I go.

(Is firmware specific to the device model, or part of the OS?)

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
i may be wrong, but i thought he meant that the dude at the store was informing him that the update was out and available to update.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Sarcasm

i may be wrong, but i thought he meant that the dude at the store was informing him that the update was out and available to update.

That's the thing about sarcasm: if people get used to someone being sarcastic, it's sometimes difficult to take what they say seriously.

I took it as "AT&T Corporate says it's out, so don't bother checking for yourself. It's there."

Face to face I'm usually a very sarcastic person, but I try to dial it back online because it's really tough to convey through text.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon