Why can't Microsoft do this

dtaylor77

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Home brew: Advanced Configuration utility for Windows Phone 7

This would address many of the things that people are not liking about WinMo 7. Microsoft should do somehting similar. Don't wait for Mango to release some of these basic things. If they would address them sooner rather than waiting I think they would have more people switching over. If someone can make a homebrew of it, surely there techs with access to everything can do it.

Anyone used this yet?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yep. Installed it yesterday. Not revolutionary but does have a few good tweaks, like changing certain sounds or changing your accent color. But it is still beta so not quite finished.

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

dtaylor77

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Nothing to chill out about. I am not upset or angry. I am just wanted Microsoft to fix some of the small things that everyone is wanting for this OS. I hope that they are not just waiting for Mango to release everything all at once. I would much rather have a bunch of little updates.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Nothing to chill out about. I am not upset or angry. I am just wanted Microsoft to fix some of the small things that everyone is wanting for this OS. I hope that they are not just waiting for Mango to release everything all at once. I would much rather have a bunch of little updates.

If they released alot of little updates it would slow down the update process as a whole. And even if they released these smaller updates who is to say that they would get released in a timely fashion by the carriers. Microsoft is not the ones dragging their feet on this one, the carriers are to blame if anyone. Microsoft needs to do what Apple did with the iPhone, as much as I dislike that simple device. Take control of the updates and leave the carriers in the cold.

jim_h

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way - even if it requires an unlocked phone - to accomplish what iPhone does with "forget this network"? I desperately need a way to tell WP7 to ignore the Minneapolis municipal wi-fi network, which it insists on connecting to wherever I go.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way - even if it requires an unlocked phone - to accomplish what iPhone does with "forget this network"? I desperately need a way to tell WP7 to ignore the Minneapolis municipal wi-fi network, which it insists on connecting to wherever I go.

If you tap and hole on a connected network you can delete it. Have you tried it will this work for you?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb