Yahoo Mail not syncing HELP

drankurn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Keeps giving error 8000ffff, and will not complete sync,
tried a lot of things - deleted account and set it up again, tried all different settings like sync every 15, 30 mins, 1 hour etc. tried changing sync last 7 day, 2 weeks etc.

Also tried deleting emails with attachments.

nothing is working, HELP?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
So I am assuming that your Yahoo account did sync at one point. My Yahoo (premier) account has synced perfectly since January. No errors. Note that occasionally a server will go down, bu if its been more than a day, probably not.

I was using a secondary AOL account prior to that and every few days it would stop syncing, saying my password was incorrect. Tried deleting, reinstalling, changing passwords, etc. After several hours or a day it would start working. Never could figure that out. My primary AOL account has always worked perfectly, so couldn't understand why this second account constantly failed.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Haha - nice!

Well I had an issue where my Yahoo! account started to have issues syncing. It was syncing fine, but giving me an error saying it wasn't. I finally just deleted it and did a new one, and it worked, and the tile also now was a custom Yahoo! one, which I swear was not the case before.

But it sounds like your issue must be different.

drankurn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
it was all auto setup, was working before, now it starts the sync but never completes it.

I have filed the issue with MS, and after little bit of back and forth, he said they are looking in to it and would let me know when they find a solution

techjunkieforlife

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
The only time I have email sync issues is when I'm using WiFi only with no SIM inserted. I find that over some WiFi networks other than my home and work that none of my email will sync including the live account but everything else works fine. Never figured that one out either.

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Try changing your Yahoo password on the phone to something wrong. It will fail when it tries to connect. Then change it back to the right password. I had a similar issue with my second hotmail account and this resolved it.

Neeky

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Same error not resolved

HTC HD7 Win 7
Telstra (Australia)

I've looked at other threads about error 8000FFFF but none of them apply to my situation.

30 hours ago my Yahoo mail synch worked fine. I did not connect my phone to my pc or do anything other than read and send sms, emails, Facebook and Twitter. I have always had it set to "check every 15 minutes" and "last 2 weeks". Never had a problem.

Out of the blue I went to send an email and noticed the "error 8000FFFF" when it tried to synch. I left it thinking it would sort itself out, but after a night's sleep it is still coming up.

Everything else is working fine. I have no big emails trying to come in.

I tried a battery pull.

Uninstalled then re-installed Yahoo Mail.

Tried changing pop settings to the ones for Yahoo Mail Plus, even though I'm on Yahoo Mail Classic. I was on Plus 2 weeks ago on my pc, but I switched back to Classic. That was 2 weeks ago and I haven't changed anything since then and the synch was working fine until yesterday.

I changed settings to "manual" and "last 7 days" and it still came up. I changed it back to "every 15minutes" and "last 2 weeks" and it isn't resolved.

This can't be an update bug or pop settings issue because I have not updated or done anything since it last worked.

Suggestions??? I've had no email app for over 24 hours now and it's driving me crazy. Really need it!

Last edited:

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
@neeky78 is the the email you tried to send still in draft folder (check from PC or browser)? Try deleting it and resync yahoo from phone.

ocoutsider

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue with my yahoo email, it just started randomly this morning.
Hopefully it will resolve itself as others have noted, but if anyone can advise on any other things to try, would be grateful.

Neeky

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, an update.

I have been tweeting with Windows7 support and decided to start back where I was when problem started ie. using the yahoo mail wizard to install yahoo mail on my phone - settings are done automatically. It's slow going and the convo has stopped due to time difference. No changes to settings made.

Anywayz, all day I've had the error coming up when I tried to sync, then about 25 mins ago I noticed I had new emails. Checked and lo behold, it had synced and 4 new emails came - 2 read and 2 unread. I pressed sync and the error came up again and is still there now.

So it seems like someone in Yahoo is playing around with the settings.

I can send but not receive.

Neeky

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been tweeting @windowsphone7 and they are stumped. There are quite a few people with the same problem and it is obviously a Yahoo settings issue so they are consulting with them to work out what has happened.

Today I had a few hours where autosync would work but if I manually sync'd the error came up. Now nothing is coming thru again.

I was able to give them exact times the sync worked and stopped working, so hopefully that helps Yahoo work out what they did that has stuffed us around.

Where are u ocoutsider?

I'm in Australia with Telstra. Wondering if it is an issue around the world...

vsf

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem for over a week...then it started working on its own last week.

I assumed it was a problem with yahoo mail. I tried deleting and recreating the account on my phone, but that didn't help.

BTW, I'm in San Francisco.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes