08-23-2011 12:48 PM
71 123
tools
    RocDel,

Yes there will be future devices released with Verizon and other companies when Mango is released or slightly after. The names, and specs I am un sure of. The HTC Trophy is a great phone but if you can be a little patient then you wont be dissapointed...
    08-19-2011 12:32 PM
    I'm not sure that Dell will remain in this business. I looked at the venue but decided to get the Trophy; glad I did.
    Yup, I have a feeling Dell will be getting out of the smartphone business altogether. Their leaked roadmap from early this year IIRC showed an update of the Venue Pro for early summer, and the "Wrigley" for September. Yet they were conspicuously absent from Microsoft's most recent press event.

They also just cancelled the Streak.
    08-19-2011 12:32 PM
    They had to do a webOS one of course. :)

Just sharing! :)
    08-19-2011 03:20 PM
    soon to be an ex-webOS user (sniff sniff), and I was wondering should I wait for mango?

I was ready to jump from sprint for a pre3, but not am likely to stay. what do ppl think of the arrive and will it be able to run mango? will it even get it?

wow: love my retro avatar and sig.
    I switched to WP7 from webOS 2 1/2 weeks ago. It's fast. Especially from a Pre-

Unlike webOS 2.x, Mango will make the Arrive, an "older" device, much much better.
    08-19-2011 07:40 PM
    [QUOTE=Useraid;1560124]As many of you will have heard, HP effectively rang the death knell for the WebOS platform today by announcing a discontinuation of the hardware.

Personally I resolved to switch in July, after witnessing the sub-par Touchpad 'launch' which was a good litmus indicator for the future it seems. It was not until a few days ago i cancelled my pre 3 pre-order though, when it began shipping out in the UK so feel relieved I am not stuck with a DOA brick like my pre-,+, and 2 before it.

It is likely that many will abandon the sinking ship now, if they had not done so already, no doubt most will flock to Android and iOS but quite a few at Precentral also mention WP7. I am certainly hoping that more will join this forum and up the activity level a bit, as it seems quite bereft of posts here especially compared to the frenetic levels seen at P|C.

I'm just waiting for the new wave to come out before making a purchase, can't come soon enough as having to use half busted WM 6.5 handset at the moment that drops calls.

Hello, I made the migration last month to a Samsung Focus, I've been loving WP7 ever since. Like you I felt things were going wrong when they kept pushing back the launch of the Pre 3. I also hope that we get a huge number of converts, I too have noticed how bland and passionless the forums are over here, hopefully these former Precentral members can show some folks over here how its supposed to be done!
    08-19-2011 08:09 PM

One of the best yet.
    08-19-2011 08:17 PM
    [QUOTE=blackbriar511;1560353]
    bland and passionless!
    Try to take my Arrive out of my hand you will see passion. I had a Pre I spent time at PC you guys will liven the place up a bit but I bet you will find the guys here have plenty to say about this OS.
    jaded skies likes this.
    08-19-2011 08:32 PM
    I myself find the Arrive to be an horrible monstrosity BUT, arrive users love this thing to death. So I know it's something special.
    08-19-2011 08:36 PM
    i need a 4" keyboardless phone on sprint. they're always left behind on phones. att has 4 wp7 phones? why? the arrive been out since march yet still no price drop.
    08-19-2011 08:38 PM
    Actually ATT has 5 WP7 phones I think.

Focus
    Surround
    Guantum
    Venue Pro
    HD7s
    08-19-2011 08:41 PM

lol good one.
    08-19-2011 08:43 PM
    Almost got the surround, the liked the focus keyboard better.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    08-19-2011 10:52 PM
    Let the liquidation begin -- HP's 16GB TouchPad on sale for $99 -- Engadget

w00000t! I just got back from Walmart with my new Touchpad in hand. I placed my order at 5 this morning for the only three tablets the store had. While I hate to see WebOS going down like this I'd be silly to pass up such a great deal. Less than a week ago these things were going for 500 bucks and has hardware on par with the latest tablets on the market. This should be a suitable replacement for my laptop (which is a POS) for the next year. Plus I can't wait to see what the homebrew community does with it. If you're looking for one then checkout walmart.com and see if you can order one online and pick it up at the store.
    08-20-2011 07:48 AM
    One of the rumors going around recently is that Nokia is developing 3 WP7 phones for the USA. One of them is supposedly a high-end phone headed for Verizon. :)

At any rate, the next wave of Windows phones should be here in the next month or two. There are several we know about already, but it's not really clear which carriers they are destined for.
    Is there a good source here on wpcentral or another site discussing some of these up coming new phones?
    nyquistjack likes this.
    08-20-2011 07:50 AM
    I'm currently using a Palm Pre Plus running webOS 2.1, but I plan to buy a WP7 device once Mango and the accompanying hardware hits the shelves. I've always liked WP7 and knew this is where I'd end up if things didn't improve.
    08-20-2011 07:52 AM
    Is there a good source here on wpcentral or another site discussing some of these up coming new phones?
    I'd like to see something more concrete as well. Plus it seems from what specs have leaked so far that many new phones have almost identical specs to the ones from last year? Which seems silly.
    08-20-2011 08:39 AM
    Wow, I was skeptical about how we would see a lot of loyal webOS users moving to WP. But so far it looks like a lot of them are deciding to try WP! To all the new WP users: thanks for giving WP a try! If you have complaints you should be vocal. MS does seem to listen.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using WP7!
    nyquistjack likes this.
    08-20-2011 09:00 AM
    Nokia is Going All-In with Windows Phone in North America

^ Here's the blurb mentioning the 3 upcoming Nokia devices for the USA.

Definitely check out the "Upcoming & Rumored Devices" section of this forum to get an idea of what's coming up. Just off the top of my head:

Samsung SGH-937 (WP7 version of the Galaxy S 2!!)
    Samsung Omnia W (3.7 inch screen)
    HTC Omega (updated version of the Trophy, with 1.5 GHz processor and front facing camera)
    HTC Eternity (1.5 GHz CPU and insane 4.7 inch screen)

I know Acer and LG have upcoming devices as well.
    Last edited by sharksandwich; 08-20-2011 at 09:51 AM.
    08-20-2011 09:43 AM
    I'd like to see something more concrete as well. Plus it seems from what specs have leaked so far that many new phones have almost identical specs to the ones from last year? Which seems silly.
    The minimum specs were recently bumped up by Microsoft. All new devices require at least the second-gen Snapdragon processor (same one being used in the Droid Charge, HTC Thunderbolt, and Xperia Play). The CPU is the same but the GPU is upgraded to the Adreno 205, which is supposedly 3x as fast as the Adreno 200 in the 1st-gen Snapdragon.

So anyway, some of these new devices will come with 1GHz Snapdragon processors, but they are still significantly more powerful than the first wave of WP7 devices thanks to the massively improved GPU.
    08-20-2011 09:46 AM
    I am here off the HP Veer and a returned Touchpad. Picked up a Quantum on e-bay and so far I like it.
    08-20-2011 12:20 PM
    Welcome tomlamb. Hope is a decent replacement for the Veer.
    08-20-2011 12:39 PM
    I had a Quantum temporarily a few weeks ago and I loved it. WP7 is great. I'm also an ex-webOS fan looking for a new place to call home. WP7 looks like the best bet. I was pretty disappointed with NoDo until I fired up Mango. It's a WORLD of a difference and its AMAZING. I was continuously embarrassing my friend with his Infuse 4G (one of the best Android phones out on AT&T) with my Quantum running Mango.

It looks awesome! I also was a developer for webOS and will definitely develop for Mango when I get more immersed into it (or pick up a Dell Venue Pro, eventually).
    08-20-2011 07:09 PM
    There's a ton of former webOS users climbing on board WP7 and WP Central. Who's creative enough to come up with a cool webOS to WP7 insignia?

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express
    08-20-2011 08:28 PM
    Just happened to buy a HD7 a week before HP made this announcement. Looking forward to getting more familiar with WP7... Also got all my WP7 dev tools set up. :D

I was planning on getting a Pre 3, but not that's not happening. lol
    08-20-2011 09:00 PM
    Just got home with my HTC Arrive coming from a 2 year old Pre minus. I've only had it a few hours and the OS takes some getting used to, but I'm loving it so far.
    nyquistjack likes this.
    08-20-2011 09:17 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD